Bob - need a drill to help me fix...

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
...my stupidly annoying out to in swing!
OMG - i was at the pro yesterday and saw my swing on the vid and it was not a pretty sight - my usual problem has come back after my wee purple patch

talk about a steep swing! hands are coming in over the top and my left arm is crooked as it comes across my body cos it has nowhere to go!

do you have any good drills for me to groove in my new swing?

take away is fine - then i chop down on the ball with the right hand being more dominant and on top, so i need something to get me to stay on a flatter plane

the pro has got me doing a nice baseball swing and a tee in front of the ball (to the right) to stop me going over the top, but a drill to keep my left hand dominant on the downswing would be much appreciated

cheers

x

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It would help if I could see the offending swing.
If you have the video on your computer, could you post it on YouTube and send me the link (pm if shy)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
With your recent purple patch, I wouldn't think you need any major swing surgery.
Maybe just a tweak will get you back on track.
Remember this....
If you're playing well, don't change your swing because it looks wrong.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
we changed the swing cos I had lost distance again
was playing at Crail today and my woods were fine with the new improved swing - irons werent tho, so that cost me dearly! however my short game was pretty stunning for a change!

I'll try to get to the range this week with my pal and get a vid of the old and new swing

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Heidi,

You have been playing well and so it seems to me that an old habit has crept in and just put it out of synch again. I sounds a simple rememdy and a few sessions on the range to get it back to where it was. I'm sure once Dr Bob has seen it you'll be giggling again

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Heidi,

You have been playing well and so it seems to me that an old habit has crept in and just put it out of synch again. I sounds a simple rememdy and a few sessions on the range to get it back to where it was. I'm sure once Dr Bob has seen it you'll be giggling again
was almost whooping with joy at the drives and woods today - then reduced to tears with the irons! stupid frustrating game! ;)