Blades it is...

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Having struggle with so called 'game improvement' irons from the off (been playing seriously for a couple of years now) a friend of mine suggested I try his old 'Mizzy T zoids' but me being me (and having spent a small fortune on my present irons) I was reluctant to admit defeat so persevered with my 'XCG's' that was until enough was enough and I'd all but given up on golf when a set of reasonably tidy 'T zoids' appeared in the tea room at work, what came next was nothing short of a miracle, they were .5" over standard (I'm 5/7 he's 6/5) so 1" to long for me and they were 2* uprite but 'WOW' suddenly I was getting good distance/accuracy and the ball strike was something else altogether, much like spreading warm butter !...

After being given express permission (and the clubs to boot) I've now had the lies put back to standard and lopped an inch off the butt's and am now actually enjoying the game again rather than coming out in a cold sweat every time somebody suggested having a knock about after work/of an evening !...

No real point to this, just had to get it off my chest !...:thup:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going down the route of a guy who plays at my local range. Worked a treat for him as he just could not square GI clubs apparently.

Certainly helped me going from SGI beginner set clubs to my MP-57s. Made an instant impact to my game ( over 6 years ago now :( )

Best of luck sir, I honestly hope it helps!

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Cheers chaps, our pro reckoned I'd not be able to hit em due to the tiny sweet spot, how wrong was he, I can honestly say that in the 2yrs I've been playing seriously I've never hit anything so well and I've tried just about everything I could get my hands on, and arrow straight as well, only thing that concerns me now is when they eventually wear out (which being soft forged they inevitably will) what do I replace em with, worry about that when it happens I spose !...:thup:

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting, glad youre getting on with them so well. Im very tempted to buy a decent second hand set of mizzy blades just to see how I get on with them....

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just bought a set of tourstage x blades off ebay. They look brand new. I've had blades before, and whilst I'm not the best ball striker ever, I just love the look of them.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Just bought a set of tourstage x blades off ebay. They look brand new. I've had blades before, and whilst I'm not the best ball striker ever, I just love the look of them.

Absolutely gorgeous looking clubs!

My 'home' set is a combo of Tourstage US Blades and US Spec (Blades up to 7 iron) that are just a joy to look at (bar the lead tape!).

For me, part of the joy of Golf is the feeling of the strike, which these certainly provide!

So enjoy!

However, be prepared to 'suffer' if you slip into damp, thick grass! It was this that convinced me that blades were not great Winter clubs, as the highest iron that I could use to get out of juicy rough was too often several too short to reach the green!

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Absolutely gorgeous looking clubs!

My 'home' set is a combo of Tourstage US Blades and US Spec (Blades up to 7 iron) that are just a joy to look at (bar the lead tape!).

For me, part of the joy of Golf is the feeling of the strike, which these certainly provide!

So enjoy!

However, be prepared to 'suffer' if you slip into damp, thick grass! It was this that convinced me that blades were not great Winter clubs, as the highest iron that I could use to get out of juicy rough was too often several too short to reach the green!

I'm not expecting to play better! But you are right, part of the fun is that perfect strike, and I think I miss that. They won't be my every day clubs, but more mid week specials.