Best Suncream?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone recommend a good suncream for golf based on the following criteria?

Ease of application and top up mid round.

Resistance to sweat.

Doesn't affect your grip.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As someone who can burn on cloudy days I've tried all sorts.
First thing, get one of the 'all day' or '8 hour' sunscreens and apply them out of the sun at least 15 minutes before you go out.
Ones that I have used which have all proved very effective, whether on holiday, on the golf course or climbing a mountain on a sunny day in Ireland.
  • Piz Buin all day long
  • Boots Soltan Once
  • Calypso once a day
  • Malibu clear all day
I go for the highest SPF I can get as with my skin I don't tan but burn very easily.
Not tried the P20 but I've heard good reviews of it.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
i agree. how do these people cope with day to day life? what suncream should i wear!!!!! Next post "how to brush my teeth"

It's as legitimate question as many on here. I've tried several but most seem to sweat off and then topping up mid rounds leaves me with greasy feeling hands (even some of the supposed, all day and non-greasy ones) Normally don't bother too much anyway as I don't burn badly but having heard a few people around the area needing checked for skin cancer got me thinking that maybe finding what others use that works without trying loads of different ones could save me and maybe others a little leg work and money.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's as legitimate question as many on here. I've tried several but most seem to sweat off and then topping up mid rounds leaves me with greasy feeling hands (even some of the supposed, all day and non-greasy ones) Normally don't bother too much anyway as I don't burn badly but having heard a few people around the area needing checked for skin cancer got me thinking that maybe finding what others use that works without trying loads of different ones could save me and maybe others a little leg work and money.
This! Just because people don't burn badly they think they're OK but it's just not the case. I now see more people than ever putting sun screen on before a game on a sunny day.

Senseicads

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am one of those that has to apply sun cream in cloudy weather. I use the nivea aerosol one. Factor 50. It's great cos I don't need to rub it in. I tried the ambre solaire aerosol but found I had to reapply it a lot. not as good.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
P20 .................... used it for many, many years and have never burned.
Put it on before breakfast and forget about it until the next day.
A few years ago I played golf in 38ºC, then a bit of tennis, then some swimming ............... no problems at all, despite sweating/swimming all day.
It's just awesome!

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
i agree. how do these people cope with day to day life? what suncream should i wear!!!!! Next post "how to brush my teeth"

Is this really relevant to golf :confused:,maybe you guys should try a makeup & beauty forum and you can discuss all things important to you there like which eye shadow suits you skin shade best etc.....