Best 'pro' model

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Just wondered who you guys tend to use as your yard stick for comparing your swing against. I was using luke donald until his epic hip slide on the backswing made me think that maybe he's not the best to copy! My current benchmark is hunter mahan, as mechanically it's a pretty simple swing

So who is your yard stick? :mmm:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hey Guys,

Just wondered who you guys tend to use as your yard stick for comparing your swing against. I was using luke donald until his epic hip slide on the backswing made me think that maybe he's not the best to copy! My current benchmark is hunter mahan, as mechanically it's a pretty simple swing

Why pick two extremes? Why not go with someone who is run of the mill like Louis Oosthuizen, Duffner?

Although there's no point in picking someone with a one-plane action if you are two-plane (and vice versa)

You had Luke Donald who is two-plane, now you've gone to Mahan who is one-plane

I happen to like Duffner's one-plane swing on the basis that he's a fantastic golfer and doesn't even look like an athlete...
just forget the waggles and watch how simple his action is....

[video=youtube;l55LB8oABvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l55LB8oABvQ[/video]

Last edited:

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why pick two extremes? Why not go with someone who is run of the mill like Louis Oosthuizen, Duffner?

Although there's no point in picking someone with a one-plane action if you are two-plane (and vice versa)

I happen to like Duffner's one-plane swing on the basis that he's a fantastic golfer and doesn't even look like an athlete...

To be honest i started with golf who have good ball striking abilities, i started with garcia, but slowing his swing down scared me i settled with luke ;)

I hadn't really noticed the plains if i'm being honest - i'm off to google what the difference is :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Tommy 2-gloves!

LPGA swings are much more likely to be close to swings we can aspire to - boob evasion notwithstanding (or maybe not!).

Male Pros are much more athletic, powerful and flexible than any hacker is likely to be!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I quite like this swing.......:smirk:

[video=youtube_share;ff0g2r9W-zc]http://youtu.be/ff0g2r9W-zc[/video]

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
of course you can never repeat good old Charles Barkley....

[video=youtube_share;qvpwG50fLnU]http://youtu.be/qvpwG50fLnU[/video]

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't consciously try to model my swing on anyone else but if I heed to get a good positive image in my head before a shot I try to think of Tom Watson. Nice simple swing and a good match for me as I also have quite a brisk tempo.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

[video=youtube;l55LB8oABvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l55LB8oABvQ[/video]

I love this swing.......Very similar to what im after.....In that im also a 1 planer.....Its him or Mahan for me but moreso Duff.......I think his rhythm is better than Mahan's....He's smoother...