Best Ever Holiday?

MDG

Hacker
Visit site
Looking for some inspiration.

Tell us about the best holiday you’ve been on so far?

For me, it was a cruise around the French and Italian riviera. Managed to see so many great places in a short space of time, weather was great and the food onboard the ship was superb. Highly recommended.

Your turn…

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
4 Autumn days mountain bike riding in the yorkshire moors staying in a log cabin, wood burner and hot tub with the fam. That will be hard to beat. and we have been to some cool places....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very much enjoyed our (delayed) honeymoon in Dominic Republic back in 2019. All inclusive hotel, with several restaurants that we could use. Had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten in my life there. Poolside bars, cocktails. You could even play tennis for free on the courts, but as it was 36° we lasted about 20 minutes.

Reactions: MDG

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Another one for a honeymoon here.

3 weeks in India. a week and a half in the north - Delhi, Agra - including the TajMahal at sunrise, Jaipur and 2 nights in the paradise of the Ranthambore national park on tiger safari, then flew down to Goa for a week or so on the beach. Absolutely incredible.

Newtonuti

Visit site
Australia. Spent 4 weeks over there as my sister lived in Brisbane. Managed a few days up at the Sunshine Coast, then a few days down at the Gold Coast as well. Absolutely fell in love with the country that month.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Nashville, Memphis & New Orleans. If you like music, tough to beat. Museums by day, bars/clubs by night, sleep & repeat. Took the Greyhound from Nashville to Memphis (we've done it, we won't be repeating it; a Canadian we spoke to afterwards described it as the loser cruiser :eek:), took the City of New Orleans (the subject of the Arlo Guthrie song) from Memphis to Nawlins. Fantastic to see & hear so much about how music developed.

For a lazy relax, Pompano Beach Club on Bermuda; right next door to Port Royal, which was the home of the PGA Grand Slam of Golf.

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
Santorini and Mykonos, 5 nights in each. Stunning. Highlight was doing the Thira to Oia trek and upon arrival there was the biggest storm you could imagine - thunder, lightening, the lot. The bars were rammed as no one could go anywhere so an impromptu party kicked off and lasted the whole night. Loads of Americans, Chinese and plenty of fellow Brits. Incredible atmosphere and one of those nights where everything comes together randomly :cool:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Could be either of two.

3 month trip to Japan, spent a lot of time in Kyoto and travelling around Honshu. Met mrs wedge in the first week.

2 month trip to Japan a year later. A bit more travelling around, and a traditional Japanese wedding at a shrine and hot spring.

OntheteeGavin

Visit site
Ibiza 2005 or 2006. Based in NI at the time, so late summer after marching season. Few of us went.

Arrived at night, bags in room then out. Ended up with a lookalike from Sugarbabes Kerry katona? Well it was after a few.. Another night fancy dress as Phoenix nights characters.

Honeymoon no comment.

RichA

Visit site
As a kid, family holidays on the Kyles of Bute. Playing on the seashore, tinkering about with a rowing boat and outboard motor boat, fishing for mackerel and seeing the occasional submarine cruising in and out of Holy Loch.
As an adult, holidays in Devon. Staying at a friend's cottage or camping on Dartmoor, it is just a magical place. Beautiful beaches, great pubs, splendid isolation on the moor.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Two stand out for me a 2week safari in Kenya, to view wild animals close up was magical then a week in Zanzibar.

The other was a transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary to New York then traveling for 5 weeks across America , included in that was a Amtrack train from Chicago to San Francisco which was a fantastic experience.

Traveled to Vagas which was the only place I wouldn’t visit again only stayed for a stop off to see the Grand Canyon.

Onto New Orleans to visit blues bars in Frenchman Street.

I loved America and it’s people

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Loved all my holidays but if I had to pick a couple of standouts then as a single man my first lads holiday to Magaluf, 10 days and nights of debauchery, clubs, girls, sun sand and motorbikes. I had never had so much fun in my life before!

As a married man, another vote for Cuba. Just a great place, beautiful, and interesting and some of the warmest most genuine people I have ever met.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Flew Air Canada Business class to Vancouver, drove to Wells Gray Provincial Park, then Jasper, Moraine Lake Lodge (best place we stayed in), Banff Springs Hotel, and flew out of Calgary. Fantastic scenery, accommodation and food, and Canadians are so friendly. Would love to go back but highly unlikely due to having a dread of flying now!