Bernhard Langer

sunshine

Visit site
This is what I was getting at that's all, I just don't believe someone like Langer would actually break the rule and get away with it.
You are almost certainly correct though that the authorities couldn't give much of a toss about people anchoring on the Champion's tour if they did anyway.

This is like goalkeepers and the 6 second rule. I often see keepers in the Championship hold on to the ball for 20+ seconds, refs just aren't interested in penalising it.

Pretty convinced that Langer is an anchor.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
But you believe he is wilfully anchoring - along with x number of others. Either you do or you don't. :LOL:

Bottom line, the R and A can fanny about for a few years bringing in a new scoring system, they can even bring out new laws to stop cheating bandits, really. But cannot ban anchor putters. I do believe some anchor. To single out one player is wrong he is not the only one. That said he still has to knock it from the tee to the pin to win.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
This is what I was getting at that's all, I just don't believe someone like Langer would actually break the rule and get away with it - I reckon there is a centimetre gap between his top hand and chest so it's not anchoring. Obviously his clothes are not skin-tight so they hang down a bit and possibly make it look like he is. Essentially this is about Langer's integrity.

You are almost certainly correct though that the authorities couldn't give much of a toss about people anchoring on the Champion's tour if they did anyway.
if you read the link that Lt has posted it explains it well. When you use any club except the putter you use two hands. But when it comes to putting it is two hands and then allowing the club to rest against the forearm. Depending on technique. That’s more than two points of anchor. For me that’s wrong. I don’t believe it’s about Langers integrity, it’s about the R and A getting it right. In a day and age when the rules on the length of a club/ driver have been stated. People like Mickleson Chuck the teddy out because he wants more distance and longer clubs will help him compete. The R and A got that right. Yet when it comes to putting, the length of a club is not an issue ? nor how it is used.