Beau Desert Forum Meet?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Since GM held a golf day at Beau Desert last month, quite a few people have said they'd like to go back and play it again, but nothing else has been said so this is just a feeler.

So, to the people that want to go back, and anyone else that would like to play there, would you prefer...

a) asap
b) sometime this year
c) early next year
d) wait until the weather gets nice again

...or something else?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
c/ as hopefully I might have re-found my swing, and also the weather might be ok, as from here on it it can get a bit grim.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I didn't play in the GM day but played Beau last year. I would love to go back and play it again. I would personally prefer to wait until next Spring (or later) to get the course in it's bestest condition, and would like to work it into a two day trip and play another course around the area to make the journey worthwhile (a 450 round trip for me).
So as long as it doesn't clash with other plans, I'm in.
;)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
ANytime for me, although next year playing 36 holes would be good. Perhaps a little North/ South battle??

D

Deleted member 1418

As I didn't make this year would love to have the opportunity to play BD. Option c would be my preference and if we could do 36 holes to make the travelling even more worthwhile then that would be good. Robobum's suggestion is a great one.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't fancy paying a £40 or £50 green fee then only play half the shots either.

If we're going to do 36 then we'll probably have to wait for the clocks to go forward again. Is that end of March?

Those of you with a long trip, would you still want to play another course either the day before or the day after, or would the 36 in one day be enough?

When's your Woodhall trip?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Those of you with a long trip, would you still want to play another course either the day before or the day after, or would the 36 in one day be enough?

16th/17th April Gary.
36 around Beau Desert would be all I would want to play to be honest. I don't really like playing 36 these days. I'd rather have 18 "good" holes than 36 "mediocre" ones...
If I only played 18 at Beau then I would be looking for a game somewhere else either the day before or after.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site

16th/17th April Gary.
36 around Beau Desert would be all I would want to play to be honest. I don't really like playing 36 these days. I'd rather have 18 "good" holes than 36 "mediocre" ones...
If I only played 18 at Beau then I would be looking for a game somewhere else either the day before or after.

Get your organising head on then.