Ball position and hand release.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are these 2 related closely.

I ask because at the range tonight i was having issues with the driver....Its been a thorn in my side lately and im not letting it beat me just yet..

Anyway i messed with ball position and with the driver the only way that i can get hitting it straight or with a slight draw is to play the ball practically in line with the middle of my left foot.....

Any further back and i have serious issues with push slices and hooks....
I tried gripping down on the driver a little and moving the ball back but this didn't work....

So does the position of the ball effect the release of the hands....
I have a deliberate backswing but i come through the ball quite hard and fast but if the timing is off a little then im hooking or thinning.....

No matter what i did to play the ball off the inside of the left heel like so many intructions and books advocate i just could not hit the thing flush.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well what i suppose i mean james is once the face is square at what point in the swing should it start closing. Is it different for everyone.
If i play the ball any further back than off the position i posted above the im closing the face too early and everthing is going left.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Perfick. Don't fix it then

:clap:

Yep. If any coach says 'You MUST.....', then find a new coach!

Might have some consequences/requirements, but what works naturally is going to be the most reliable 'unde pressure'.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
:clap:

Yep. If any coach says 'You MUST.....', then find a new coach!

Might have some consequences/requirements, but what works naturally is going to be the most reliable 'unde pressure'.

If what you do naturally works then you don't need a coach.