ball on top of divot

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
You hit a great driver down the middle (the best of the day). The ball comes to rest on top of a loose divot, that has not been replaced. What do you do?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Curse your bad luck and all players who've walked past it and not replaced it - somewhere - anywhere there is a chunk taken out of the fairway. Bit like not repairing deep pitch marks you spot in the fringe of the green. One day your ball will end up in or immediately behind one - and (under normal circumstances) there is nothing you can do about it, So when you see 'em - just repair 'em.

atticusfinch

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just note: Replacing the divot changes nothing. it is still a loose impediment and if the ball comes to rest on it your options are the same.

D

Deleted member 15344

You hit a great driver down the middle (the best of the day). The ball comes to rest on top of a loose divot, that has not been replaced. What do you do?

Be thankful it didn't land in the divot like this

image.jpg

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Strange post ?

probably just me then but, as indicated from the responses, there are loads of possible questions associated with a ball on a divot and the least of the issue is the rules element.

how do I play a ball sat up on a divot on the fairway? would require a little more info re distances, but might be interesting in 'ask the experts' section

you will never believe what happened to me today in a huge comp (by delc naturally) sits well in the lounge, along side 'is it time we penalised people for not replacing their divots?

finally, which shotgun cartridges are recommended for crows? could be a good one for the OOB forum.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
probably just me then but, as indicated from the responses, there are loads of possible questions associated with a ball on a divot and the least of the issue is the rules element.

how do I play a ball sat up on a divot on the fairway? would require a little more info re distances, but might be interesting in 'ask the experts' section

you will never believe what happened to me today in a huge comp (by delc naturally) sits well in the lounge, along side 'is it time we penalised people for not replacing their divots?

finally, which shotgun cartridges are recommended for crows? could be a good one for the OOB forum.
Do you mean what bore should be used, quite a few candidates on here. :rofl:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

5 id say

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That's an absolutely brilliant post!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must be missing something here - I read that as the ball has come to rest on top of a divot, not in a divot, so essentially teed up in the fairway, why would you want to do anything except hit it?