Ball-marker moved (Van Rooyen)

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
So what's the deal with the rules officials and this decision not to penalize him for moving his marker.

Completely contradicts decision 20-1/5.5 in my view.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No longer a penalty since this introduction of the 'no penalty for accidental movement of a ball on the putting green' allowable local rule and rule of the competition.

Read the last Para of 20-1/5.5

Ps I did not visually watch what happened but I was listening to it.

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Part of the problem is that the LR is quite pervasive, but not referenced in the effected sections of (even) the online version of the current rules.

Rules*18-2,*18-3*and*20-1*are modified as follows:

When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment.

The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.

This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Part of the problem is that the LR is quite pervasive, but not referenced in the effected sections of (even) the online version of the current rules.

Rules*18-2,*18-3*and*20-1*are modified as follows:

When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment.

The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.

This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental.

Thanks. The local rule would explain that. Roll on 2019.