Bag set up question

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hard I know not knowing my swing but today I found my 4i goes as far if not a tad further than my RBI 3hybrid,so the rescue is a goner as it just balloons on me.
My options are to go back to a rescue mid rescue 3,go for a rescue 11 3 rescue as it has a lower ball flight or I have a Tm v steel 5wood head currently being refurbished,sticking a grafalloy epic shaft in it and prob going to make it 41.5" playing length.
What is your preference?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
My preferential set up is as per my sig.

It's set up to my course and the distance I hit the clubs.

I wasn't going to bother adding a 17* hybrid and go from 3i to 4 wood. Problem was having a loft gap of 4* and coupled with the massive difference in shaft length meant I had a clubs distance gap between the 2. The 19* hybrid fills the distance gap nicely and give me additional options around my course on some of the tricky par 4's.

How far do you hit your 4 iron? How far do you hit your 3 wood?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
go with what you reckon suits you the most, dont worry about gaps, what can you hit?

I would rather have to play an easy hybrid knowing I will be a little short than playing a 3w or 5w that I might scamper 50 yards

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I only questioned going by your sig regards handicap card :)

I have had 3 rounds in mid 80's, cant get near with a card though or on a forum meet lol

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2nd card this weekend hope to be at least 5 shots better! its off the tee that kills me but current driver is a big upgrade,not the longest but dead straight. think i will go rescue mid till my 5 wood arrives back

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hard I know not knowing my swing but today I found my 4i goes as far if not a tad further than my RBI 3hybrid,so the rescue is a goner as it just balloons on me.
My options are to go back to a rescue mid rescue 3,go for a rescue 11 3 rescue as it has a lower ball flight or I have a Tm v steel 5wood head currently being refurbished,sticking a grafalloy epic shaft in it and prob going to make it 41.5" playing length.
What is your preference?

I have a V Steel 5W and the club is epic! Only non Ping club in my bag, and I'm a Ping fanboy. Put it in the bag mate, smash it!

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well the 4i goes as far as the rescue mid as well so ordered a 3i! just need a club between 3i rbz & driver.anyone recommend a low lofted hybrid? not really a fw kind of guy.(worse than g1bbo i know!)

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So got 1 space between 3i and driver so question is wood or hybrid?
Need to think what it is for, replacemt off the tee on tight driving holes and maybe long par 3&4's.
Hit some clubs yesterday and was liking the g25 hybrid and also the cobra amp cell as well as the title it's 913h.
Fw do not fill me with confidence off the deck so thinking hybrid.

T

thecraw

So got 1 space between 3i and driver so question is wood or hybrid?
Need to think what it is for, replacemt off the tee on tight driving holes and maybe long par 3&4's.
Hit some clubs yesterday and was liking the g25 hybrid and also the cobra amp cell as well as the title it's 913h.
Fw do not fill me with confidence off the deck so thinking hybrid.

The G25 hybrids are the easiest hybrids I've ever hit. They are amazing and I love them to bits. I even can't fault the stock Ping shaft which works so well with this head. You could do a lot worse.