Bad Timing

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So here I am lay on a hospital bed waiting g to have a couple of biopsies. All alone having had local anesthetics. Then the phone rings. "Hello Mr Tash, how olds your boiler". "Er am on a hospital bed". " Dont worry Mr Tash it wont take long". Yeah goodbye.
Made me chuckle but not the best of timings.
Any other bad Timing stories.

U

User62651

So here I am lay on a hospital bed waiting g to have a couple of biopsies. All alone having had local anesthetics. Then the phone rings. "Hello Mr Tash, how olds your boiler". "Er am on a hospital bed". " Dont worry Mr Tash it wont take long". Yeah goodbye.
Made me chuckle but not the best of timings.
Any other bad Timing stories.

Bad luck with the biopsies, hopefully nothing too serious and it all comes back negative.

WRT the call I think telesales people are taught to ignore every 'excuse' they hear and plough on regardless. Hanging up is the only way top end the conversation. It's a grim way to make a living but they must get takers else they wouldn't bother with blind cold calling (or targeted cold calling). Wonder what the average hit to miss ratio is with cold calling - 500 calls for 1 bite?

Tashyboy

Visit site
don't you know you are supposed to switch your phone off in hospital?:LOL:

I would imagine that 99.99% of the time you are. But I had to have 2 biopsies. They took half a dozen photos of where they wanted the biopsies taken from. The consultant I saw on Tuesday took the photos so the lady who took the biopsies today knew exactly where to dig. Once I had shown them the photos of me arm then leg, I couldn’t put the phone back in me pocket under gown etc so it was sat on me chest when I had the boiler call.
That aside I thought someone would think of phone in hospital ??

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Someone came into the sauna the other day and made a comment of it being like an oven. One old woman sitting at the back immediately got up and left. Then the bloke who made the comment found out her mother had been interned in a Jewish camp during the war.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Someone came into the sauna the other day and made a comment of it being like an oven. One old woman sitting at the back immediately got up and left. Then the bloke who made the comment found out her mother had been interned in a Jewish camp during the war.
?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site

An unfortunate accident, but I would call it hypersensitivity to take a sauna remark like that and associate it with Nazi atrocities in the 1940s.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Tash, my very best wishes for good news from the biopsies.
Whatever the result, though, follow it up with whatever treatment you need.
Again, my most sincere best wishes.
Am not worried in any way shape or form YOB. The one I have had on me arm Ave had for decades. The consultant made the decision to have a dig there. The one on me left shin has grown over the last couple of years so they have had a dig there. Worst thing is no golf next week before I go to Mexico for a couple of weeks. Wounded.