Baby Alert !! Car advice needed!

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got good news and bad news.

Good news - Mrs craigmitchell_qs is currently brewing up child no.3, Due in March.
Bad news - We need to buy her a big enough car to take 3 child seats ( not just booster cushions )
I'm okay cos' I have a big giant galaxy but she really doesn't want an MPV or 4x4 style motor. She hates driving mine.

Anybody know of an ordinary car that's wide enough to take 3 seats? I'm looking for personal experience here, not just "I think a Bentley <u>might</u> be wide enough ;)"

Any suggestions?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I know its an MPV but the Citroen Picasso (old style) has 3 separate seats in the back and size wise is no bigger than the current Focus.

Not the best to drive but cheap and so far reliable - we're on our 3rd and not had any probs.

We can get a seat + 2 adults in the back with room to spare so it ought to do the job.

Oh and - congrats...
Whats wrong with 2????????

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Congratulations, anymore and it'll not be a car your after but a mini bus ;)

Again, I know it's a MPV but the renault scenic (old style) also has 3 saparate seats in the back, my sister and I took our scenic on holiday with her 3 kids (2 in baby seats) and my great dane and we had no problem with space due to the under seat storage (plenty of it). it also does't feel like your driving a tank and if you go for the 1.9DCi model fuel economy if fantastic. :D

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Congrats on the baby news.

As for the car, I would recommend any of the following. VW Passat, Skoda Superb, Audi A6, Mercedes E-Class or a Ford Mondeo.

It is important of course to take all 3 seats for a trial run as these vary in size.

Space will be cramped however and an MPV is the best choice for practicality. Of those I would endorse the Focus C-Max or Toyota Corrola Verso.

If you decide on anything give me ashout and I can let you know of any common faults or anything and give you an accurate valuation.