Away score - Clause 19

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can someone put me straight here on clause 19.

Played an away Open strokeplay competition and the scores have just been posted.
Visitors CSS was 74 and i scored a nett 73, simple so far. Played of 7 so 0.2 cut.:clap:

But i had a howler on the 17th and recorded an 8 :( 17th = Par 4, Si4.

I played off 7, so for handicap adjustment, i think this gets reduced to 7, therefore a 0.4 cut should be applied. does this sound right?

Our handicap secretary has a sheet of paper on the noticeboard where we record away scores and we enter: date, venue, CSS and net score, he then adds to the computer- sorted.

But what should i record as my net score, 73 or 72. or will i need to seek him out and explain things.

or have i got this clause thing all wrong.:mmm:

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Easier said that done Bob, He works part time and only appears at the club a few hours a week, so by the time i track him down i will have played another couple of medals. Thats why the sheet is up, he looks at it every time he arrives and updates computer.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Easier said that done Bob, He works part time and only appears at the club a few hours a week, so by the time i track him down i will have played another couple of medals. Thats why the sheet is up, he looks at it every time he arrives and updates computer.

leave a note on the handicap sheet for him to ring you before adjusting it ? the only thing you know for definate is he has to read this before adjusting it .. .4 aswell id say

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can someone put me straight here on clause 19.

Played an away Open strokeplay competition and the scores have just been posted.
Visitors CSS was 74 and i scored a nett 73, simple so far. Played of 7 so 0.2 cut.:clap:

But i had a howler on the 17th and recorded an 8 :( 17th = Par 4, Si4.

I played off 7, so for handicap adjustment, i think this gets reduced to 7, therefore a 0.4 cut should be applied. does this sound right?

Our handicap secretary has a sheet of paper on the noticeboard where we record away scores and we enter: date, venue, CSS and net score, he then adds to the computer- sorted.

But what should i record as my net score, 73 or 72. or will i need to seek him out and explain things.

or have i got this clause thing all wrong.:mmm:

You are required report to your Home Club the CSS, your gross score and your adjusted score which is the score to be actioned on your handicap record. Is your club not registered and actively updating to the Central Database of Handicaps?

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You are required report to your Home Club the CSS, your gross score and your adjusted score which is the score to be actioned on your handicap record. Is your club not registered and actively updating to the Central Database of Handicaps?

Not sure on that one, My club and the away club use Howdidido.

The scores are posted on howdidido on the away club, but i'm listed as an away score and it has not adjusted automatically.

So, is the adjusted score a 73 or 72 :confused:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

The scores are posted on howdidido on the away club, but i'm listed as an away score and it has not adjusted automatically.

I am afraid many clubs are still using an outdated approach here, but as Rosecott has advised you are now required to notify gross score and any stableford adjustments - the club may require sight of the actual card or hole by hole scores.

The player is required to Report to his Home Club as soon as practicable all Qualifying Scores (including ‘No Returns’ and
Disqualif ied Scores – see Appendix P) returned away from his Home Club advising the Home Club of
the date of the Qualifying Competition, the venue, Standard Scratch Score and the Competition Scratch
Score together with the following:
(a) After a Stroke Play Qualifying Competition, the gross score returned and any Stableford/Nett
Double Bogey Adjustment applicable. See Clause 9. and the example referenced 9. / .
The Home Club may require a copy of the scorecard to be returned to support the adjustment.
(b) After a Par/Bogey Qualifying Competition, the Par of the course and the score versus Par.
(c) After a Stableford Qualifying Competition, the Par of the course and the number of points scored.

You are also of course required to reduce your handicap by 0.4 until the system catches up :)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

The Away Club has no power to adjust your handicap. As Duncan says, you must adjust your own handicap (based on the score adjusted to 72) pending your Home Club taking action on your score.