"AWAY" Players Q scores not being accepted by "HOME" Club

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone have experience of this happening?
How was it resolved?
Is there any recourse as I've heard that EG say its entirely upto the HOME Club to either Accept or Reject it.
Are there any circumstances where a rejection is appropriate given that it's a Q Comp for all the HOME players?

I'd always assumed that 'Reject' was simply there to avoid a duplicate entry should the player have returned their score early & the H/cap Sec made a manual entry.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they do they are not complying with the UHS

7.7 When the club is a player’s Home Club the Handicap Committee must

(a) maintain on his behalf a handicap record sheet which must include all the information shown in Appendix I, Specimen Player Handicap Record;

(b) ensure his scores are recorded as soon as practicable after completion of each Qualifying Competition at his Home Club or after the reporting of a Qualifying Score or Supplementary Score returned elsewhere, either by the Player or automatically via a Union’s CDH, and that all Exact Handicaps are calculated in relation to scores recorded in chronological order. Once processed by the Home Club, all scores and associated handicap adjustments must be uploaded to the Union’s CDH;

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
So where does EG say what about the subject?

I see no options within the administration of handicap records to reject a Q comp score; quite the opposite as posted by Jim

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the early days of CDH it was not unusual for "better clubs" to decline to accept Away scores from "lesser clubs".

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they do they are not complying with the UHS

7.7 When the club is a player’s Home Club the Handicap Committee must

(a) maintain on his behalf a handicap record sheet which must include all the information shown in Appendix I, Specimen Player Handicap Record;

(b) ensure his scores are recorded as soon as practicable after completion of each Qualifying Competition at his Home Club or after the reporting of a Qualifying Score or Supplementary Score returned elsewhere, either by the Player or automatically via a Union’s CDH, and that all Exact Handicaps are calculated in relation to scores recorded in chronological order. Once processed by the Home Club, all scores and associated handicap adjustments must be uploaded to the Union’s CDH;
Clear enough.... yes indeed & thanks.
However, what can be done about the player's H/cap in the mean-time until the HOME Club gets their act together?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the early days of CDH it was not unusual for "better clubs" to decline to accept Away scores from "lesser clubs".
Which probably drove the perceived need for the additional clarity in the regulations associated with managing handicaps 🤔

We are where we are now and clubs should comply with their responsibilities. It's up to any player impacted to take the matter up; simple enough to drop a line to the local union (golf not trade...) If it's not resolved in line with the rules.

Then again it will all become mute when the WHS comes in and the players record is managed centrally 😎

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I played an away qualifier last October. Got 0.1 added correctly, but then the away result was removed from my record and got the 0.1 back. No idea why this was removed.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I accept scores that have a value based on an entered card (74 gross, 32 points, whatever), and reject all non scores (no returns, zero points). On the basis that without knowing the score, its best on balance, not to make any handicap adjustment.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I accept scores that have a value based on an entered card (74 gross, 32 points, whatever), and reject all non scores (no returns, zero points). On the basis that without knowing the score, its best on balance, not to make any handicap adjustment.
No this is not a score from an AWAY Open-day Comp. (I think that's how they got the wrong advice from EG... mix-up)
It's a person who's a member at 2 Clubs where 1 has to be the HOME Club for H/cap purposes & scores from the 2nd Club get sent over through the software but have to be accepted.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I always just accept them, couldn't be easier. I get an email notification then go and process them. Yet another example I suppose of an easy job made a problem by someone.

New CDH away scores

2 away scores have just been downloaded from the Central Database of Handicaps, at 8:15:42 pm, Wednesday 19th of June 2019.
Please process them at: