Away Player (handicaps)

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I moved golf clubs 3/4 months back. In my new club my HC is listed under 'Away Players'. I have been told that this is because "my old club has not released it." What do I do to get it sorted? Do I put pressure on my old club, my new club, IG, something else?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I moved golf clubs 3/4 months back. In my new club my HC is listed under 'Away Players'. I have been told that this is because "my old club has not released it." What do I do to get it sorted? Do I put pressure on my old club, my new club, IG, something else?
Just complain to the club themselves. My home club was still showing as my old home club (which is now the away club), I asked my new club about this and they got it changed in no time.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hear it. A long standing problem in the experience of our handicap admin sec.
It appears some clubs want to seem to have more members than actually have or a lack of admin staff.
Your new club should be giving them the 'hurry up' really although you contacting the old club may help.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear it. A long standing problem in the experience of our handicap admin sec.
It appears some clubs want to seem to have more members than actually have or a lack of admin staff.
Your new club should be giving them the 'hurry up' really although you contacting the old club may help.
The daft thing is that the old club still pay the affiliation fee to the county and national union

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I email my old club and they said . . . . . I’m not sure why they have told you that your handicap is still here, on the new world handicap system your home club is listed as your new club

Clearly someone is telling 'porkies'

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I email my old club and they said . . . . . I’m not sure why they have told you that your handicap is still here, on the new world handicap system your home club is listed as your new club

Clearly someone is telling 'porkies'
Get your new club to do a 'sync'