Australian Masters comedy stuff

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As if it wasn't enough that an unknown chunky Aussie amateur called Aaron Pike is leading by two at the halfway stage, there's more totally implausible stuff further down the leaderboard:-

* Marvellously named Adam Porker shoots 69 to make the weekend action
* Benjamin Bunny just misses out by a shot, but does at least make the field unlike Mrs Tiggywinkly and Jemima Puddleduck
* Jon Abbott follows up a first round 96 by being 14 over through 5 for his second round, before presumably being forcibly evicted from the course!!

Yes, golf's Silly Season is truly upon us!

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Former tennis pro Scott Draper also missed the cut at +5. Tennis stars always seem to think they can turn their hand to golf and they never manage it: Ivan Lendl and Yevgeny Kafelnikov are two more examples.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
The Australian newspaper opened with an article yesterday; "Jon Abbbott is a talented golfer..."

if only their cricketers were having as bad a time!

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Come on the PORKER!!

Sounds like they've invited some weirdo's to make things a bit more excititng.

Add to that Michelle wie shooting massive numbers in another mens event its a bit of a mad week.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I think wie wie should keep playing men's events...quality entertainment to see her build up some highly impressive figures!! Maybe Abbott and Wie could have an exhibition match...

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's not just tennis either, MacMachattie. Seem to remember past-it footballers like Julian Dicks and Roy Wegerle having a go at pro golf too, and the Shark once got Nigel Mansell an invite to the Australian Masters I believe.

And years ago I seem to remember Ted Dexter missed a 6-footer in Open qualifying that would have got him into the Championshiop...

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Poor old Miss Wie. How many more times can she say that she played a lot better than her score would suggest. The thing is Michelle, golf's not about looking like you're a good player, it's about getting the ball into the hole in the fewest possible strokes.

At University I used to play golf with a guy who had a great swing and looked like he hit the ball pretty well - I don't think he ever broke 90.

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There are also a lot of single-figure players out there with rubbish swings. You should see some of the old geezers at my club on a Saturday. More moving parts than a Swiss clock and playing off five or six. My swing is a thing of beauty and I can't get below 20.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
As beautiful as the Nile is what i hear – it flows just as fast and long! The John Daly overswing looks gd but doesn't deliver on conssistency.

Putting really is the key isn't it - hole some putts and everything suddenly looks a whole lot rosier!