Audi S6

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
As some of you know, I have a real fondness for performance VW/Audi.

Today, I purchased an Audi A6 Avant. The car has 230bhp, 6 speed motorsport bred transmission and of course quattro 4wd. Torque comes in at over 320Nm.

All I can say is wow, what a car! The performance is simply mind-blowing as is the un-frugal 20mpg.

For the 1st time in a very, very long time I am depressed at the thought that this car will be sold before long.

If you get a chance, drive one, it will be the experience of a lifetime. Porsche performance for Mondeo money.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is it...a 2.7 6 cylinder turbo? must be quite something.
Still reckon if you're only going to get 20 mpg, might as well go for a V8! I'm presuming you've bought it to sell on.....hope you got a good deal.....

medwayjon

Tour Winner
2.2 Straight 5 with a honking huge turbo.

BTW the torque is 350.

0-60 in 6.6 seconds.

Going to sell it on Dave once it is prepared and I have enjoyed it for a couple of weeks, will be a wrench though.

Picture will be posted once prepared.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh yes, the old 2.2 5 cylinder....as for the models K,L,M ish?

i.i.r.c. the Volvo T5 had a 5 cylinder turbo.....dad and I burned a few boy racers off with this!

I've never been into Audi....don't know why, I think my experience of trying a few coupes (1980s) put me off. Having said all this, even the old ones look good still, thanks to the galvanised panels.....as do some Porsches.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lovely motors, the newer s4/s6's etc have the twin K03s turbos and larger displacement, think leon cupra/audi tt but with lots more boost! haha excellent, as I replied via my pda jon, enjoy it.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is this the one with Porsche suspension and brakes,they are mental.

Got a mate with an RS4 god what an animal!

I have a Merc CLK430 Carlsson producing 306bhp and I cant follow him! Got to get me some of that 4wd!!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Huge brakes all round Nico, the suspension is a little twitchy for my tastes under extreme driving but then it is a heavy car.

Reckon your CLK would do me after the initial drag Nico, mind you, this baby has enough juice to spin all 4 wheels off the lights when absolutely booting it in 1st gear.

Cant wait to take her out today again, I think I will loiter at traffic lights awaiting the arrival of morons in corsa's etc and then onto the kiddies in jap-crap!

Must get it onto a track before I sell it.