Aston Villa

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dumped their manager for Tim Sherwood and escaped relegation because Hull City were rubbish. I just do not know what these piddling little teams think they are going to achieve in the Prem. Tim Sherwood, as far a I care, didn't do much at Tottingham City and certainly will do even less at Villa. And whilst I'm on, just what have Norwich got to celebrate? A season of checking the fixtures to see where the next win MAY come from. As well as watching their friends at Ipswich stomp the Championship.

Is it worth it?

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dumped their manager for Tim Sherwood and escaped relegation because Hull City were rubbish. I just do not know what these piddling little teams think they are going to achieve in the Prem. Tim Sherwood, as far a I care, didn't do much at Tottingham City and certainly will do even less at Villa. And whilst I'm on, just what have Norwich got to celebrate? A season of checking the fixtures to see where the next win MAY come from. As well as watching their friends at Ipswich stomp the Championship.

Is it worth it?
Yeh good point, may as well just forget about football beyond the top 4 eh! Sherwood did quite well at Spurs, brought up a few young players (Kane) and seems to have worked his magic at Villa as well!!

As for lower league teams being promoted, as a Bmth fan, losing isn't the be all and end all. Looking forward to the experience, seeing the club up against the big boys, and scrabbling any points we can!

super hans

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Is it worth it?

glass half empty

Yeh good point, may as well just forget about football beyond the top 4 eh! Sherwood did quite well at Spurs, brought up a few young players (Kane) and seems to have worked his magic at Villa as well!!

As for lower league teams being promoted, as a Bmth fan, losing isn't the be all and end all. Looking forward to the experience, seeing the club up against the big boys, and scrabbling any points we can!

glass half full

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Is it worth it?

Idiotic post from someone who seems to have no clue about the real essence of Football!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Is it worth it?

Ipswich stomp the championship? ROFL!

They won't do as well as they did this season any time soon.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which is????? Money ????? Watching Johnny foreigner fall about all over the place. Your team chasing shadows, unless it's top 4. Liverpool spent £100M+ for 6th place. Have you lot got that sort of dosh? No, thought not. Stop paying for Sky football and things might get back to normal in 5 years. And England may have a team again.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Is it worth it?

Ok so what do you suggest ?
It's all very making negative posts, but always better to then give your opinion of what can be done about it.

I rate Sherwood and although Villas safety was mostly down to Benteke performing well, no doubt he lifted the team when it looked really bad for them.

So what's the point of footy outside the top 10 teams?
I'll tell you, it's sides like Villa who are giving their supporters a day out at the FA cup final, my team Wycombe made the Semi final about 12 years ago and were at Wembley last Saturday in the League 2 playoff.

It's about following the team you supported as a kid, maybe watched as a kid, but it stays with you, and you have bad seasons, good seasons and average seasons, but you don't swap teams, it's about passion, laughter, the crowd, the tears, the pies, the atmosphere , the hope and anticipation, the aftermath, the discussion, the opinions, the celebrations and the commiserations , the rivalry and the magic that it will be better next season.

You either understand or you don't

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it worth it?

Clueless rant - and that's being generous

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh yes they will. ROFL you back

Ipswich haven't stomped anything in my lifetime. The only thing that could really be considered "success" in that period is their one season in the Premier League.

Mick McCarthy's done a great job with a very average team, if any of the players are actually any good they'll be sold.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Ipswich stomp the Championship.

I think they over achieved this season. And then there's Brentford, Wolves, Derby & Middlesbrough along with the 3 teams that come down who'll all just roll over and let them. Guess you missed your meds this morning:D

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Is it worth it?

My team, Southampton, got promoted and have coped comfortably in the Premier League. The days of simply assuming that the 3 promoted clubs will go straight back down are a thing of the past.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Which is????? Money ????? Watching Johnny foreigner fall about all over the place. Your team chasing shadows, unless it's top 4. Liverpool spent £100M+ for 6th place. Have you lot got that sort of dosh? No, thought not. Stop paying for Sky football and things might get back to normal in 5 years. And England may have a team again.

Yeah, with all that home grown talent in the 70's that couldn't even qualify for a world cup. Get a grip.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok so what do you suggest ?
It's all very making negative posts, but always better to then give your opinion of what can be done about it.

I rate Sherwood and although Villas safety was mostly down to Benteke performing well, no doubt he lifted the team when it looked really bad for them.

So what's the point of footy outside the top 10 teams?
I'll tell you, it's sides like Villa who are giving their supporters a day out at the FA cup final, my team Wycombe made the Semi final about 12 years ago and were at Wembley last Saturday in the League 2 playoff.

It's about following the team you supported as a kid, maybe watched as a kid, but it stays with you, and you have bad seasons, good seasons and average seasons, but you don't swap teams, it's about passion, laughter, the crowd, the tears, the pies, the atmosphere , the hope and anticipation, the aftermath, the discussion, the opinions, the celebrations and the commiserations , the rivalry and the magic that it will be better next season.

You either understand or you don't

Oh dear dear dear. A Wycombe fan. LOL.

But, my post was not for you. It is for Premiership teams and also about the fact Villa panicked, swapped managers, and still just stayed up by the skin of their teeth. They probably would have stayed up with Lambert at the helm.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My team, Southampton, got promoted and have coped comfortably in the Premier League. The days of simply assuming that the 3 promoted clubs will go straight back down are a thing of the past.

Watching all the buying clubs line up to pinch your top players last year was pitiful and shows all that is wrong with the EPL and their Sky money.
The fact that you built a new team and finished 7th was great to see. I think there are many UK football fans cheering your team on.

I think that you are an exception to the rule, I cannot remember too many clubs promoted in the last 5 years that have stayed up for more than 3 years.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, with all that home grown talent in the 70's that couldn't even qualify for a world cup. Get a grip.

All that talent was not used. Did you watch the mavrick footie programme on ITV3 recently? All the best players hardly got a chance to show their skills and were a damn sight better than the rubbish we have now. Bowles, Marsh, Osgood, Currie, Worthington, Hudson etc check out how many caps they were awarded. It was a national disgrace. Even Hoddle, who if playing now would be a god, was left out more often than picked.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Burnley...DOWN
QPR.....DOWN
Leicester.....should have been down but for a miraculous last few games and the collapse of Hull City.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think they over achieved this season. And then there's Brentford, Wolves, Derby & Middlesbrough along with the 3 teams that come down who'll all just roll over and let them. Guess you missed your meds this morning:D

Hmmmm, maybe. But with Mick MacCarthorse at the helm and his organisational skills, they are on the up, and will be there or thereabouts next season. Oh and weren't Ipswich a bit good under Bobby Robson?

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh dear dear dear. A Wycombe fan. LOL.

But, my post was not for you. It is for Premiership teams and also about the fact Villa panicked, swapped managers, and still just stayed up by the skin of their teeth. They probably would have stayed up with Lambert at the helm.

Over half of Villas points gained were after Sherwood took over - 23 points of the 38 they got - as well as reaching the FA Cup final

They were only heading one way under Lambert

Swapping manager kept the club in the Prem and got them into the FA Cup final