Artists that I wish I'd got into earlier

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

I saw a thread on Twitter about albums that don't have a bad track on them so I checked out some of them on Amazon music. Discovering some great artists that previously I'd only heard singles etc and not really listened to albums.

So far

Muse
Arcade Fire

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure (by a long way!), but the streets album a grand don't come for free, listened to from start to finish is excellent! Not listened to it for years!!

Great shout on Muse, going on this morning's playlist now!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I started listening to Planet Rock a few years back and greatly surprised myself just how many bans I have never listened to. The period of bringing up children particularly a daughter meant it was all pop music for many a year.

Mind you listening to Brittany Spears first album on repeat for all the time it took the two of us to decorate her bedroom does have nice memories.
Why oh why I never know.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I saw a thread on Twitter about albums that don't have a bad track on them so I checked out some of them on Amazon music. Discovering some great artists that previously I'd only heard singles etc and not really listened to albums.

So far

Muse
Arcade Fire

Massive Muse fan here - got into them around the Absolution era.
Their early stuff is by far the best, hardly a bad track on the albums. Later stuff can be a bit meh.
If you get the chance, go see them live - they always put on a fantastic show.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure (by a long way!), but the streets album a grand don't come for free, listened to from start to finish is excellent! Not listened to it for years!!

Great shout on Muse, going on this morning's playlist now!!
My lad was right into Muse when he was a teen and introduced me to them - we went to see them in 2009 at Sheffield Arena. Great show.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Wish I'd got into Joe Bonamassa about 15 years ago when he was playing a club near to me. I'd have been on board to see all 4 of the Tour de Force concerts which is something I can't ever see another artist doing in my lifetime.

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks to Elon musk, I was interested about his missus music. Proper weirdo but Grimes - art angels is brilliant, bizzarre weird haunting but brilliant

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a specific artist, but a radio station - KEXP based out of Seattle and play so much good music (new and older). Have a really good vibe, are independent and some amazing artist sessions on Youtube, very much recommended.

In response to the OP - it made me appreciate The Clash (they have a dedicated day of their music) as much more interesting and varied than 'should i stay or should i go'.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Wish I'd got into Joe Bonamassa about 15 years ago when he was playing a club near to me. I'd have been on board to see all 4 of the Tour de Force concerts which is something I can't ever see another artist doing in my lifetime.

I saw him on his first (warm up) gig in Folkestone some years ago, he was awesome!

D

Deleted member 1147

Elton John

I had only really heard crap like Sacrifice and that thing with Kinki Dee.
But now I like some of his ballads like Tiny Dancer, Someone saved my life tonight & Mona Lisa’s and mad hatters.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The streets. Numerous oasis albums. Eminem. Coldplay.
ok, I’ve lover em since I first listened, but I’m back on em again.
garage 2k on repeat is my current album. Absolutely loving the fact my eldest daughter is loving we too.

Diamond

Visit site
I can’t name a single Muse song but since the late 90s I have been into earlier rock and swing music. Dean Martins albums are great and the rat pack at Christmas always gets an airing first week of December.
Someone introduced me to Rainbow (not George and Zippy) in the early 2000s and a couple of their albums are excellent if you like classic rock.