'Arry. Guilty or not guilty.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
OK. So we've got Mr Redknapp and Rosie the investment dog in the dock. What does everyone reckon? This seems to have been dragging on for years so the authorities must be pretty certain he's got a case to answer for. Portsmouth is my local team, although I'm far from an avid supporter and I remember him spending an awful lot in the transfer market while he was manager there. One or his predecessors was that other cockney spiv, Terry Venables, who as chairman tried to relocate the club together with a huge commercial development. When the plans collapsed he soon disappeared. As soon as it appeared Portsmouth were starting to get into financial difficulties Harry was off. Fair enough, richer pickings at Tottenham but it makes you wonder what he left behind.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing that this thread will get pulled.

To me, he is guilty through and through. He is old school, like George Graham, and probably doesn't see what he has done wrong.

Silly to cheat the tax man though.

But then this is the same tax man who let Vodaphone off a 4.3bn tax bill, so who knows what will happen.

Probably get a fine, and carry on as normal.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was wondering also that this was one of the main reasons why he did not get the England job earlier.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm with Murph. I reckon he just thought he was being creative with his accounting.

I can't see the point in the expense of the investigation and the court case relative to the amounts alleged (I've seen the figure of £290k mentioned).

It strikes me that HMRC are only going after him because he's high profile and that is wrong

harvey4banger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dont think the guys at Lancaster gate would be that bothered, they're probably all at it as well. Lets face it, they need someone to inject a bit of life and soul into the team and Harry's probably the only English man who could do it, even though I would hate the thought of him leaving SPURS

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guilty for me. Why didn't he tell anyone about the accounts and declare it as he should be paying Tax on it? Total bandit IMO not keen on the bloke either and setting him on as England Manager is just like going back to when El Tel was in charge another Cockney Wide Boy. I don't doubt he might do a decent job for us but he is a liability I think. Police do not raid your home at 3am in the morning for nothing.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I dont care if he did it or not

I expect the costs of bringing the case outweigh the amount he is accused of not paying
therefore whats the point

Besides everyone knows that he is a bit of a wide boy, a rough diamond, he could do almost anything and still get forgiven by the public.
Bit like an old Robbie Williams, ( No Dont Sing Harry)

Fragger

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont care if he did it or not

I expect the costs of bringing the case outweigh the amount he is accused of not paying
therefore whats the point

Besides everyone knows that he is a bit of a wide boy, a rough diamond, he could do almost anything and still get forgiven by the public.
Bit like an old Robbie Williams, ( No Dont Sing Harry)

Fragger

Agree in theory but that is just saying it is fine to defraud the Tax Office. Also if Arry and his Serbian Warlord pal be liable for costs if found guilty? Therefore not being a taxpayers bill?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
"Mr Redknapp, 64, of Poole, Dorset, who underwent minor heart surgery last year to unblock his arteries, is the most successful English manager in the modern game, having led Portsmouth to FA Cup success and Spurs to last season's Uefa Champions League quarter-finals."

I found that hilarious .:rofl:

alnecosse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
"Mr Redknapp, 64, of Poole, Dorset, who underwent minor heart surgery last year to unblock his arteries, is the most successful English manager in the modern game, having led Portsmouth to FA Cup success and Spurs to last season's Uefa Champions League quarter-finals."

I found that hilarious .:rofl:

I read this as well had to read it twice, where are all the good English managers. Personally i think he is guilty another example of the rich and there creative accounting the guy in the street has to pay his taxes why should he get away with it.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I read this as well had to read it twice, where are all the good English managers. Personally i think he is guilty another example of the rich and there creative accounting the guy in the street has to pay his taxes why should he get away with it.

Just as I said in my post earlier. If the likes of me or you or anyone else on here tried to even defraud a few hundred quid they would be on us like a ton of bricks. If found guilty make him pay what he owes and all the court costs might make him and that other crook think twice next time.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Slightly off track, but my sister used to work for the Revenue on the special investigations dept. She was investigating a very well known sportsman, who wasn't keen on paying his taxes. They were struggling to build a case against him, as he received a lot of untraceable cash payments, and supposedly only had one UK bank account which was above board. They agreed a figure he owed in tax against his cash payments, and when he came to pay his bill, he sent them a cheque drawn on an undeclared offshore bank account.:whistle:

One of the reasons they were so keen to nail him was that the sport as a whole was riddled with tax evasion, and after this one sportsman got done, the rest of them were suddenly very keen to declare all their earnings. If the Revenue can get a conviction against someone at the top of the game, those lower down are less likely to try the same thing.