Are you allowed to......

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
...hit the ball with the back of a club??

I got up n down yesterday by using the back of my wedge and playing left handed (horrible lie on edge of bunker), I'm just wondering if its legal in competition??

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes you can hit the ball with the non striking face, the limits are on the number of striking faces a club can have rather than where you can hit the ball.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yip, I've had to play this an unfortunately large number of times from beside the wall at our 14th hole so am getting quite accomplished. In fact, I'm giving serious though to getting a left handed 7 iron to see if I can hit the green from there instead of just bashing one up the fairway.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yip, I've had to play this an unfortunately large number of times from beside the wall at our 14th hole so am getting quite accomplished. In fact, I'm giving serious though to getting a left handed 7 iron to see if I can hit the green from there instead of just bashing one up the fairway.

just turn the right handed club (any - but 8 iron seems easiest because of the normal shape of it's head and the relationship between fac and hosel) toe down and play it left handed. best to practice first.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
just turn the right handed club (any - but 8 iron seems easiest because of the normal shape of it's head and the relationship between fac and hosel) toe down and play it left handed. best to practice first.

Have tried that, balance just never feels right - I always get on better bashing it with the back....