are ladies clubheads different from men

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Club Heads - No

Club head cosmetics - maybe/probably

Shafts - Almost certainly (softer and often a tad shorter).

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is more variation from brand to brand than there is between gender marketed clubs.

Women's clubs tend to be designed with women in mind so aesthetics and length of shaft differ. Like men women would benefit from a full custom fitting. Strangely I rarely hear or see them talk about it and all seem to carry off the shelf gear.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't forget that a woman doesn't necessarily need ladies clubs solely because of her gender. My wife quite happily plays mens clubs.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think the club heads are different other than the likelihood of a wee flash of pink... :rolleyes:

Ladies clubs tend to have shorter and more flexible shafts since that suits the average female player better. Blend in a bit of marketing spin and there you go.

All that really matters are your height and swing speed. My last set were off the shelf men's clubs and my current set are custom fit R11s. (Yip, ladies get custom fit too! :cool:)

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
cheers for the replies and the pm with a link. the clubs are for an old boy at my golf who is tinkering with sets of irons. i think its ping raptures he is looking at. i wonder if mizuno cud splash a bit of colour on their irons. i luv a bit of pink so i do