Anyone here using Mizuno MP leather shoes?

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all.

Have just taken delivery of a very smart pair of Mizuno MP black leather shoes, which I got to replace the second pair of FJ Sports I've had to return in the space of two months, due to the leather and the sole parting company.

They feel a lot 'stiffer' than the sports style golf shoes that I've worn in the past, so I guess they'll need to be broken in before they become comfortable to wear.

I was just wondering what they were like for longevity? Am just paranoid now after my poor FJ experience.

Thanks.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I also have had very poor FJ's-my last 3 pairs all bought this year, all with issues.

Dont know about Mizuno shoes, best post on the mizzy fanboy site, they'll probably be drooling and want you to post pictures of you wearing them from all angles :rofl: and of course they'll probably state they are the best shoes ever :rolleyes:

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
..... and of course they'll probably state they are the best shoes ever :rolleyes:

Which is exactly why I've posted on here and not on there. ;)

If it's of any interest to anyone, Clubhouse Golf are doing them for £76.99, rather than the eye-watering £160 they initially hit the market at. :thup:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Which is exactly why I've posted on here and not on there. ;)

If it's of any interest to anyone, Clubhouse Golf are doing them for £76.99, rather than the eye-watering £160 they initially hit the market at. :thup:

Always had FJ, with no issues.

I think, from a previous thread, there are build quality issues with these. I'll see if I can find the thread.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Del, unsurprisingly I got me a pair of MP's in white from Clubhouse. Look classy but sadly not been playing so haven't tried them.
My first impressions were as yours that they felt stiff, quick soak in warm water soon sorted that.
They feel comfy and they feel stable (not so sure about the heel section though) and the spikes look mean :thup:

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Del,

what do you think of the sizing ? Supposed to be a bit on the narrow side by all accounts.

They do feel a bit 'cosy' David, but I imagine they'll stretch a wee bit with use. My feel are fairly narrow anyway.
Am playing on Sunday, so will post pics of my blisters on Sunday evening!!! :lol:

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
They always looked very stiff to me, and I hate breaking in shoes.

My Ecco Bioms were so comfortable from day one. My Footjoy Dryjoys and AQL's have always been comfortable straight out of the box as well. The Mizuno shoes do look quite natty though, touch of the roaring twenties.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Disappointed to ear of your FJ issues big man especially given I recomended the sports.

Maybe your feet are odd ;)

Well, the guy at AG did say that it was the first pair they'd had back and kind of implied that it must be something about the way I 'used' them. :mmm: