Anyone bought the ping g425 max three wood

G1z1

Visit site
How are you getting on with it? I am struggling to love it!
I have it and did quite like it but now I use the ping g425 max driver off the deck it goes further and I find it easier to hit so think I’ll dump the 3 wood soon

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have the G425 driver, 5w and 4h. TBH I have struggled with all three, part will be because they have been fitted and previous weren't fitted; they have very different shafts from previous - and I'm also making significant changes to my swing. However as I gradually sort what I am doing with my swing and strike I am finding that I am gradually improving with them. I suspect I would have struggled similarly with the 3w but not having it I don't really know.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had the 3 wood last year but moved it on quickly as for me it just ballooned, especially off the tee. Still using my 2014 Big Bertha. I am a poor man’s Henrik Stenson ??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have not got the max but the LST and loving it compared to my TM M1.

Were you fitted for it?

It was a toss up for me with the Tensei Orange in Reg or the Alta in stiff I bought the former but ended buying the latter secondhand on ebay and it is that has been in during the winter.

D

Deleted member 23270

I have it and did quite like it but now I use the ping g425 max driver off the deck it goes further and I find it easier to hit so think I’ll dump the 3 wood soon
Loving your work sir! Driver off the deck ain't easy.