Any ideas

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
had a really good lesson tonight, ive been having problems with the lower half moving too much in the downsing, so he had me hitting shots with my arse against a chair, he wants me to keep practicing this until the next lesson in 3 weeks, theres no way im taking a chair with me everytime i go to practice, any ideas what i could use instead was thinking maybe my golf bag,but it doesnt quite work, no arse jokes please : )

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Stand-bag?

Make sure that you don't take it too far and have NO lower body movement!

he said be careful of that, its just to get me used to keeping my balance better, im moving my body forwards on the downswing , causing my swing plane to move, god it looked terrible on the video, didnt realise it was that bad until he showed me how much i was moving

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It doesn't help keep your backside back as such but I've been trying to stop sliding too much towards the target in the downswing and a piece of wood under the outside of my left foot when practising has worked really well.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
had a really good lesson tonight

Noted you have stated you play quite a bit at the Warwickshire. Are you a member there and if so do you use Mark Dulson. I'm looking at going to him.

Any views/opinions

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i use my brolly stuck in the ground or my tour sticks to stop me swaying,put tour stick against right hip this make you rotate from the waist and not twisting,i also use the longer tour sticks for posture,put one through my belt loop and get my spine angle correct.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
theres no way im taking a chair with me everytime i go to practice,

Your loss. I take a chair every now and again. OK, so you look daft, but soon enough someone will want to know w.t.h. you are doing and you can look educated and inventive.

:(