Any current or former members of Penn, Oxley or Wergs on here?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If so, please let me know your thoughts on being a member, how do/did you find it, good value for money, etc

Thanks!

Re*Ax

Visit site
Hi,

I was a member at Oxley for many many years, I've played a lot at Penn, but only twice at Wergs when it was first opened.
Given the choice of those three I'd rank as follows:

1. Penn
2. Wergs
3. Oxley

In terms of feedback as a member of Oxley, the experience as a member has greatly declined in the last 5 or so years. There was no benefit in being one, it had become cheaper and easier to get tee times as a visitor. It has lost it's way as a 'Private Members Club'.

That being said, the members are great and lots of groups to join in with.

Course is 'ok' it's very tight and you can rack up some big scores in a hurry, even though on paper you'd think you'd be a able to burn it up.

Very wet in winter, and stays open too much.

In Spring/Summer course slowly gets up to decent condition, but you'll end up getting frustrated that the tees are too far forward all the time, and the greens end up being very 'nappy', with lots of patchy areas around the green.

Had some good times at Oxley, but should have left about 5-7 years sooner.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi,

I was a member at Oxley for many many years, I've played a lot at Penn, but only twice at Wergs when it was first opened.
Given the choice of those three I'd rank as follows:

1. Penn
2. Wergs
3. Oxley

In terms of feedback as a member of Oxley, the experience as a member has greatly declined in the last 5 or so years. There was no benefit in being one, it had become cheaper and easier to get tee times as a visitor. It has lost it's way as a 'Private Members Club'.

That being said, the members are great and lots of groups to join in with.

Course is 'ok' it's very tight and you can rack up some big scores in a hurry, even though on paper you'd think you'd be a able to burn it up.

Very wet in winter, and stays open too much.

In Spring/Summer course slowly gets up to decent condition, but you'll end up getting frustrated that the tees are too far forward all the time, and the greens end up being very 'nappy', with lots of patchy areas around the green.

Had some good times at Oxley, but should have left about 5-7 years sooner.

Very interesting, thank you. It’s my last option purely due to location (I’d have to pretty much drive through wolves to get there), and you’re not the first to mention it not being in great condition and poor in wet months.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi mate, no, it’s a bit far, I live in kingswinford. Would be ok on a weekend but not after work in heavy traffic. Shame as it looks nice.

Hagley and Halesowen could be possible if you're in Kford? I was a member at Halesowen for a few years, found it too hard was off 21 at the time. Very hilly, but really good condition.

Neeko1988

Visit site
I was a member at oxley for one season. Couldn’t wait to leave tbh. Introduced tee times due to covid and it was a nightmare to get one. Phones constantly engaged. No tee times now so prob alright.

Course is very average and clubhouse and overall feel is very outdated.

Wergs is ok tbh and very cheap with the current deal.

I’m a member at south staffs now and it’s leagues above