Any course you like within 1 hr from Kent/M25 border.........

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So then, the missus will treat me to a 4 ball at any course within a short commute of the Kent/M25 border, with a green fee no more than £75.

I have played a fair few nice ones, but is there any ones you would pick that I have not played I wonder?

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
I played 3 holes on the international course at London golf club last Saturday at golf live.
Ridiculously quick greens, I would highly recommend it ;)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
is that £75 each or £75 a 4 ball?

£75 a 4 ball may just get you onto Lydd. Some guys on here speak very highly :D

£75 each will get you some cracking courses. (maybe not the London Club in the summer)

I would go to; Chart Hills, Littlestone, Princes, Tandridge, The Addington. Crowborough, Royal Ashdown (this may be a 2 ball course for visitors). If you all have handicap certs I would look at Royal Wimbledon also, It used to be £75 each midweek

D

Deleted Member 1156

The stand out course for me would be West Sussex but be aware it is 2 balls or foursomes only.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
part of the problem with such a question is that within an hour's travelling time from there you have a huge range of courses - massive.

there is also the question of when you plan to play - middweek or weekend; this will affect options.

if you need to play as a 4 rather than 2 x 2 you have another issue.

finally handicap certificates - whilst many operations (as opposed to clubs!) let the money do the talking, some will require either just some certs, or have handicap limits that are adhered to for visitors.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
For £85 you could get a day ticket at Sundridge Park and get to play 2 of the best courses in the area ;);)

You would save that extra £10 on petrol money.

Go on. On your doorstep. You know it makes sense. :whistle:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quirky (if that's a proper word) to say the least. Some great holes and others that can reward/penalise at a whim.

Last time I played there they had scarified some of the fairways, removed what grass there was and brought some of the underlying gravel to the surface.

I'll let you know in due course.

Last edited:

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Addington is part of the group of courses where I am a member and I know they have been and are doing quite a lot of work there.

Its a great layout, some stunning par 3's and as Leftie says a touch of quirkiness about it.

I havent played it this year yet but will do soon but i wouldnt hesitate in recommending it.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For £85 you could get a day ticket at Sundridge Park and get to play 2 of the best courses in the area ;);)

You would save that extra £10 on petrol money.

Go on. On your doorstep. You know it makes sense. :whistle:

I did think that may be coming from a nearby 'rival' course.

Fair Play and if I'm hounest not such a bad shout, but I have a couple of mates up there as members so do play it a fair amount and of course always score well as LP is a much tougher track......................

Last edited:

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the advise and apologies for not being on the forum recently to reply. I should have been a little clearer, yes it is £75/person not for the 4 ball, so we are looking at a v.decent course.

Of the ones suggested, I have not played Crowborough, Princes, Littlestone or Knole Park so of that little list which one would you go for? I fancy Princes or perhaps Littlestone.

Anyone played Wilderness? Heard this is an Open qualifyer, but don't know much about it at all?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the basis of what you present it would be Knole Park everytime - not least the travel!

Wildeness is a straightforward parkland course that will not provide any lasting memories although it's normally, well presented (last played 3 weeks ago). Princes is good and will be different, but if heading down there I would probably favour Deal (R Cinque Ports) which should be within you budget if you ask nicely as LP members etc. If you have already played it then so be it. Littlestone is good but seems to have priced itself up a bit over the last couple of years (such that we have dropped it this year out of Rye, Deal and Littlestone). Crowborough has charm, and an excellent clubhouse feel about it (if you have played Deal it's like that) and is certainly worth a visit, but I would play Knole first. Crowborough is probably the cheapest option too!
Currently Knole is in excellent condition.