Another season in the lower league

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Tough luck Leeds Utd.
Watched the play off final and have to say that Doncaster played them off the park.
Even with the backing of the huge number of fans Leeds couldn't cut the mustard.
I thought Doncaster wanted the win more than Leeds. The one and only goal was a good 'un too.

Never mind Leeds, try to prove you are the biggest club in Yorkshire next season. There are several clubs playing at a higher level who may not have the number of fans but obviously play a better standard of football.

(Sits back and waits for backlash!) ;)

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldnt expect a team that has suffered financially and form other areas to to have a good squad! Leeds done well to get where they was .

If it wasn for the 15 point deduction we would of qualified anyway! better than that we were only a point behind the league winners, but nuff said next year perhaps we can get a couple of decent wingers and a defence!

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Maybe you shouldn't have gone into receivership then you would've kept your 15 points, and you would've got more sympathy if Bates hadn't moaned about it all year. If you'd got the same punishment as Boston you'd be in League 2 now.

ROVERS 'TIL I DIE!!!!!!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have some sympathy for Leeds in that they had little chance to contest the points deduction. They were effectively told to take the deduction or be thrown out of the league leaving little room to appeal. By the time it came to the eventual appeal they could not find in Leed's favour due to the inevitable backlash from the other teams in play off contention.

I am no fan of Leeds or Ken Bates but feel that they were railroaded into accepting the decision.