Another Mass Shooting in the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Very sad indeed.

Trump's words are disappointing, e.g. we need to beef up the laws on the death penalty. That's an after the fact thing. Take the bl00dy guns off the streets.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Trump - "To see this happen again and again, for so many years, it's just a shame," he told reporters.

“Again and again, for so many years” you’d think by now then that they should realise they have a problem, it’s not getting any better is it ?

“It’s just a shame” - is that it ? A “shame” ! Why not just add “Too bad”, it’s almost the same sentiment.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm looking for the stats now but at this point, 2015-2016, March to march for some reason, 26 deaths from guns in the UK. Just over 11,000 in the US. In 2017 the figures are about 15k in the US, I can't find the UK figures but we know they are not comparable. Wholly different by some degree.

Gun ownership, the ease of buying in the US, different entirely.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I'm looking for the stats now but at this point, 2015-2016, March to march for some reason, 26 deaths from guns in the UK. Just over 11,000 in the US. In 2017 the figures are about 15k in the US, I can't find the UK figures but we know they are not comparable. Wholly different by some degree.

Gun ownership, the ease of buying in the US, different entirely.

Was it this?

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018/02/15/11004-gun-murders-us-vs-26-equiv-130-england-annually

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Very sad indeed.

Trump's words are disappointing, e.g. we need to beef up the laws on the death penalty. That's an after the fact thing. Take the bl00dy guns off the streets.

Won't happen, can't happen.

Way to many in circulation and readily available.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Well the fact that the 2nd amendment allows Americans to have the right to bear arms and won't be changed is probably the biggest issue.

However as I say there are too many in circulation and they are too readily available to now do anything effective about guns in circulation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was one page I clicked on. I did check another couple of sites just in case this person had manipulated the facts, he is anti gun, but the numbers quoted elsewhere were the same. Other sites had more complicated breakdowns and also included accidents involving guns that didn't lead to deaths but I thought the point was made purely with the fatality figures.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was one page I clicked on. I did check another couple of sites just in case this person had manipulated the facts, he is anti gun, but the numbers quoted elsewhere were the same. Other sites had more complicated breakdowns and also included accidents involving guns that didn't lead to deaths but I thought the point was made purely with the fatality figures.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well the fact that the 2nd amendment allows Americans to have the right to bear arms and won't be changed is probably the biggest issue.

However as I say there are too many in circulation and they are too readily available to now do anything effective about guns in circulation.
There can always be something done but the will has to be there. For whatever ingrained reason they would rather keep the guns and accept the deaths than try to improve the situation.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Of course the 2nd amendment can be changed, the clue is in the name.
Australia changed their gun laws in 1996 and there hasn't been a mass killing since.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Of course the 2nd amendment can be changed, the clue is in the name.
Australia changed their gun laws in 1996 and there hasn't been a mass killing since.

I never said that it can't be done.

The fact that despite all that has gone before it and it's still never been changed or challenged suggests that it's not going to happen.