Another incident in London

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just seen it on CNN, an anti Muslim attack by the sounds of it.

Currently being investigated by anti terror units apparently.

Not sure what they'll find. Doubt he's part of a cell. Likely a disgruntled idiot who has deiced to take revenge for recent events.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Reverse copycat, obviously needs to be treated as a terrorist incident as allegedly 3 'white' men driving a van ploughed into worshippers as they left prayers at a mosque in Finsbury Park.

Crowds being interviewed immediately after calling for it to described as an act of extreme Islamaphobia and not to have it watered down to a drink driver or someone on meds etc.

1 man caught who was held until police arrived and was lucky not to be beaten badly whilst being held which some were baying for blood apparently but 2 of the other men ran off and escaped.

1 announced dead currently but up to 8 seriously injured also.

I'm actually not surprised by this tbh and I'm surprised it hadn't happened earlier, I'm sure lots of isolated attacks do happen but we've got as many white nutters as there are Muslim extremists so this has been on the cards for a while unfortunately and will only feed the young on the fence Muslim men to join and follow extremist views more.

The Muslim Council of Britain and police need to calm the communities down or I can see mass unrest breaking out with gangs and rallies turning into riots.

All these murderers have done here is feed the problem more with this act but if we try to water it down away from a terror act it will only create greater divide and more unrest.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Reverse copycat, obviously needs to be treated as a terrorist incident as allegedly 3 'white' men driving a van ploughed into worshippers as they left prayers at a mosque in Finsbury Park.

Crowds being interviewed immediately after calling for it to described as an act of extreme Islamaphobia and not to have it watered down to a drink driver or someone on meds etc.

1 man caught who was held until police arrived and was lucky not to be beaten badly whilst being held which some were baying for blood apparently but 2 of the other men ran off and escaped.

1 announced dead currently but up to 8 seriously injured also.

I'm actually not surprised by this tbh and I'm surprised it hadn't happened earlier, I'm sure lots of isolated attacks do happen but we've got as many white nutters as there are Muslim extremists so this has been on the cards for a while unfortunately and will only feed the young on the fence Muslim men to join and follow extremist views more.

The Muslim Council of Britain and police need to calm the communities down or I can see mass unrest breaking out with gangs and rallies turning into riots.

All these murderers have done here is feed the problem more with this act but if we try to water it down away from a terror act it will only create greater divide and more unrest.

Do we really have as many organised white nutters as terrorist cells?

There is no excuse for what these men have done. But I've not heard of such an attack (on muslims using vehicle) before so it looks like simple copycat/revenge. Not some group of Islamophobs who have organised it and have a specific hate campaign.

I fear it's a cycle that won't end. If there is another attack due to this one then i'm sure more incidents of revenge will occur and so on and so on.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Do we really have as many organised white nutters as terrorist cells?

There is no excuse for what these men have done. But I've not heard of such an attack (on muslims using vehicle) before so it looks like simple copycat/revenge. Not some group of Islamophobs who have organised it and have a specific hate campaign.

I fear it's a cycle that won't end. If there is another attack due to this one then i'm sure more incidents of revenge will occur and so on and so on.

it's obviously targeted at the people leaving a mosque and is a reaction to the recent incidents in the country so their not part of a cell as such or have done it in the name of any religion or faith, it's an act of retaliation murder but not sure the Muslim community will accept that view

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
it's obviously targeted at the people leaving a mosque and is a reaction to the recent incidents in the country so their not part of a cell as such or have done it in the name of any religion or faith, it's an act of retaliation murder but not sure the Muslim community will accept that view

I agree. It's racially motivated murder. Not sure that's necessarily terrorism. But will be tagged as such.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I agree. It's racially motivated murder. Not sure that's necessarily terrorism. But will be tagged as such.

The word terrorism is simply to cause terror, which it did, but that is usually coupled with it being done in the name of something, this won't be and is simply a deliberate act of murder in retaliation of recent events but its being called an act of terrorism to appease the Muslim community, is that a correct call, I'm not sure, yes call it islamaphobia but not terrorism for me.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The word terrorism is simply to cause terror, which it did, but that is usually coupled with it being done in the name of something, this won't be and is simply a deliberate act of murder in retaliation of recent events but its being called an act of terrorism to appease the Muslim community, is that a correct call, I'm not sure, yes call it islamaphobia but not terrorism for me.

I agree. I guess they can call it suspected terrorism whilst they investigate the culprit. But if nothing is found to have him shown as a fanatic. Then he should be refereed to as a murder, because as you've pointed out. His intent was murder, no other hidden agenda.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's terrorism pure and simple. Only intention was not to murder, but, to kill as many Muslims as possible and have no doubt that his/their intention was to terrorise not just the people he killed/injured but any and all muslims both on that day and in days to come. I have no doubt that if I were a Muslim I would be scared/frightened when attending my place of worship. His motives and intention is a lot closer to those of other terrorists than we care to believe. White supremacy statements where shouted.

Terrorism should never be narrowly interpreted. If it terrorises a section of our community then that's what it is.

D

Deleted member 15344

It's terrorism and it's as disgraceful as the suicide bombers or the Islamic extremists driving into the people the other day. The UK is littered with white racist groups - EDL , Knights Templar etc etc - only have to look at Facebook to see the level of hatred towards Muslims building in this country- and most of it from people too thick to understand or realise that it's not the fault of Islam or Muslims as a whole but a minority of extremists intent on creating hatred - and these people last night have succeeded in ensuring the hatred grows - I have no doubt there will be a revenge attack soon

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's terrorism and it's as disgraceful as the suicide bombers or the Islamic extremists driving into the people the other day. The UK is littered with white racist groups - EDL , Knights Templar etc etc - only have to look at Facebook to see the level of hatred towards Muslims building in this country- and most of it from people too thick to understand or realise that it's not the fault of Islam or Muslims as a whole but a minority of extremists intent on creating hatred - and these people last night have succeeded in ensuring the hatred grows - I have no doubt there will be a revenge attack soon

I agree.

Do you mean a revenge attack soon from jihadists or from a section of normally peace loving muslims living in Britain?

I think the former would happen anyway but the latter would not have.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I agree.

Do you mean a revenge attack soon from jihadists or from a section of normally peace loving muslims living in Britain?

I think the former would happen anyway but the latter would not have.

So were these white english men, loving normal men before the previous attacks? Or are they just white scum?

If a loving Muslim does something in revenge he is a terrorist. Simple as that, irrespective of the provocation going by some comments.

D

Deleted member 15344

So were these white english men, loving normal men before the previous attacks? Or are they just white scum?

If a loving Muslim does something in revenge he is a terrorist. Simple as that, irrespective of the provocation going by some comments.

If someone goes out with the intent on killing as many as possible and ensuring they create as much terror as possible then they are a terrorists - regardless or what skin colour or religion or what they did before.

The people last night should be treated in the exact same way as the people last week who were running people over - they both targeted specific groups and looked to create terror

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If someone goes out with the intent on killing as many as possible and ensuring they create as much terror as possible then they are a terrorists - regardless or what skin colour or religion or what they did before.

The people last night should be treated in the exact same way as the people last week who were running people over - they both targeted specific groups and looked to create terror

I agree. I was just asking sawtooth how'd he'd describe them, as for me. If there is retaliation then they are Jihadists. Not loving muslims.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's another terrorist attack on Britain as far as I'm concern. The people attacked were British, and the people doing the attacking were British.

Absolutely despicable and disgusting. I can't fathom how anyone can be so stupid as to confuse Muslims and jihadists.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It's another terrorist attack on Britain as far as I'm concern. The people attacked were British, and the people doing the attacking were British.

Absolutely despicable and disgusting. I can't fathom how anyone can be so stupid as to confuse Muslims and jihadists.

Probably with the same ease at jihadists confuse innocent children with infidels.

People carrying out such atrocities aren't normal people.

Devils advocate here. What if the guy was a parent and lost a child in Manchester?

Is he a terrorist?

D

Deleted member 15344

Probably with the same ease at jihadists confuse innocent children with infidels.

People carrying out such atrocities aren't normal people.

Devils advocate here. What if the guy was a parent and lost a child in Manchester?

Is he a terrorist?

Ask yourself the same question in regards one of the guys who went on a killing spree last week - what if he lost his family in a collation bombing in Syria ? Etc

Still Terrorists regardless of what they believe is their motivation

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
By the same token, is someone who becomes a jihadist because their family is killed by an air strike somewhere in the Middle East not a terrorist?

It's a stupid and irrelevant debate. It's an attack on britain and British values.

Edit: Well said Phil, you beat me to it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Grief causes many reactions.

A parent committing a knee jerk reaction to the death of a child, be they english, muslim, syrian or christian would get sympathy from me.

Doesn't justify murder. But i can certainly understand it.

Last edited: