Animated "Save up to 37%" adverts on here!

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Are these killing anyone else's connection performance on the forums? For me they slow my browsing down by about a factor of 30 while they're on screen, and I'm finding I can hardly use these forums anymore. Can't turn the banners off either.

(It's just taken at least 5 minutes to write this post, because my cursor keeps going blank and pausing for 20 or 30 seconds at a time!)

:D

Oh, and I'm on a work connection, so extremely fast.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know we had a problem with this a while ago and thought I had it fixed but latterly my connection (Mozilla) has been taking longer and longer, all these 'waiting for ad . . .' messages, some of which are german (.de) sites.

unfortunately I can't remember how it was fixed last time.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You can't blame GM for advertising their mag though. I wonder how many freeloaders there are on the forum i.e. non-subscribers to the mag.

Stevenc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You can't blame GM for advertising their mag though. I wonder how many freeloaders there are on the forum i.e. non-subscribers to the mag.

I don't subscribe but i buy every month, so does that make me better than the cheapo's who saved money by subscribing?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't subscribe but i buy every month, so does that make me better than the cheapo's who saved money by subscribing?

Absolutely :D

Look on it as being similar to a green fee payer. You are helping keep the cost down for the members. :D :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
latterly my connection (Mozilla) has been taking longer and longer, all these 'waiting for ad . . .' messages, some of which are german (.de) sites.

It's the "waiting for rumpy pumpy" messages from the Dutch sites that are slowing YOUR computer down Steve.
;) ;)

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm a non-subscriber, and I don't blame them at all for wanting for advertise the mag. I just hate the gact my browser grinds to such a halt when the advert is there that I don't spend more than 2 minutes o the frmsm..