Andy Gray

B

birdieman

Watching the Arsenal ManU game on sky. Is it me or is Andy Gray getting worse with his 'growling' whenever he gets a little excited?
His voice deepens, gets louder and takes on a distinct silly false-sounding gravelly tone. I think he thinks it's cool, well it's not.
It is really starting to annoy me. :mad:

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
He is one commentator that I "detest" and I don't use the word lightly.
An ex pro who has done EVERYTHING. Yawwwwwwwwwn!

Don't like Alan Smith either

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Too opinionated, Alan Smith, not a voice for bwoadcasting weally.
Worst one of the lot........Jamie Bloody Redknapp, can't stop talking, never lets anyone get a word in. Have you noticed how pi$$ed off Graeme Souness always looks when he's sat next to him.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Too opinionated, Alan Smith, not a voice for bwoadcasting weally.
Worst one of the lot........Jamie Bloody Redknapp, can't stop talking, never lets anyone get a word in. Have you noticed how pi$$ed off Graeme Souness always looks when he's sat next to him.

Yes I have. I remember watching a Champions League match when Souness, Redknapp and Ray Wilkins were on the panel and you could see Souness get more and more agitated the more Redknapp rambled on. Actually saying that Souness was wrong about certain things.
He let Redknapp ramble on for 5 minutes with the usual "game of two halves" "It's a high tempo game" nonsense and the said something along the lines of " I'm sure it was the same for Ray here when he played for Milan, but I know it happened to me,I think in my 2nd European cup final...."
That was the moment Redknapp knew he was an amateur.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hate Andy Grey he's an idiot, for all the reasons listed above and more. I do think sometimes he has no eyes.

Souness annoyed me midweek when United play Celtic and he said Ronaldo cost us 2 points by using his tricks, feints, step overs to early in the game and to close to our own half.

I dont know if he actually watched the game but it was all those things listed that created about 15 of Uniteds 25-30 chances.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i used to like him for his enthusiasm but as we have both got older i realise he's lost it.

i dont like the jamie redknapp comment i think he is [****] hot at his job him and shearer are the best pundits in my opinion. As well as teh two guys that do revista da la liga!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed how all the common taters have gone hell for leather against the match officials in recent months.

Here is my logic, Sir Alex Ferguson took the hump with the beeb and now refuses to do interviews with them and I have noticed a huge increase in the amount of blame heeped on the refs narrow shoulders because if someone like Gray or Motson sides against the ref there are no repercussions but if they stand on a top managers toes their employer may face a backlash from the manager and the club in question.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Has anyone else noticed how all the common taters have gone hell for leather against the match officials in recent months.

Here is my logic, Sir Alex Ferguson took the hump with the beeb and now refuses to do interviews with them and I have noticed a huge increase in the amount of blame heeped on the refs narrow shoulders because if someone like Gray or Motson sides against the ref there are no repercussions but if they stand on a top managers toes their employer may face a backlash from the manager and the club in question.
Think you may be overthining it there, but if you look at that retaken free kick where two City players got booked for blatant encroachment, and yet Andy Gray still tries to blame the ref when he was 100% right, then it does make you wonder.

Andy Gray used to be good, but he's been getting poorer and poorer over the last couple of years. Interpretations of rules that only he has such as the "clear daylight" for offsides nonsense that he still spouts even now, tend to lend weight to him being past it.