And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
so sack the manager and let the player run the show?
If they don't want to play for the boss and think they are bigger than the club do one!
About time some players realised the old adage that hard work will beat talent if talent doesn't work hard. Take some individual and collective responsibility! Don't just stand there and blame someone else.

I see what your saying but I think the players are pumped though. Certainly last night they really seemed up for it. They were the ones showing passion . For me it's the tactics (shape) that are wrong......with the squad we have we shouldn't be losing to the teams we have lost to the last few years.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair point - missed that Pogba's goals were mainly from pens, being out of the country for the past couple of weeks I've not been able to watch any football other than the Everton games. Point still stands though; he's one of the best all-around midfielders in the world and would be incredibly hard to replace. Mourinho is without doubt an excellent manager but he normally has his success early in spells at teams - he's now in season 4 and the best thing he's won is a Europa League. He's constantly talking dismissively and critically of his players in the press, is becoming increasingly arrogant and seemingly difficult to work with falling out with players on a weekly basis and so it's time to cut him loose I think. The squad is packed full of unreal talent, particularly going forward, it's time to bring someone in that can use them properly.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
With Jose he loves the publicity, he encourages it, so I'm not sure he is able to play the hard done to role even when it's true. I get that he may and probably did put an arm around Jones in the dressing room but that goes out of the window when you dump on him in public.

I also read the Lampard quotes about him. They were very personal and positive, not just the usual stuff that is churned out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sometimes it's just so miserable to be a United supporter .............................. especially with Liverpool playing such good football.
The video that Phil posted, to my eyes, shows PP trying to be upbeat but JM soon puts paid to that.
He may be a good coach but he's abysmal as a man manager.
In fact, I don't even think he's a good coach anymore.
Not sure he's been a good coach for a long time. I can see why you'd be miserable given the way Liverpool have started and the way they play but what can you do? Mourinho won't change the way he plays and if he loses the players then I can see the United board sacking him. Easier to bring a new manager in. Trouble is by then the season is more or less over, especially in terms of the PL

D

Deleted member 15344

Christ he can’t score an open goal yet then finishes like that :ROFLMAO:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Shocking defending, not clearing the ball, pishing about in and about the box, allowing them far too many chances to put the ball back in.

D

Deleted member 15344

Shocking from the ref tonight - never a free kick in the first place.

He has spent whole night blowing his whistle throwing around cards and it’s not even been a dirty game

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Shocking from the ref tonight - never a free kick in the first place.

He has spent whole night blowing his whistle throwing around cards and it’s not even been a dirty game

The early cards were correct, fouls from behind stopping an attack don’t need to be dirty, but there a yellow, as should have been the dive.

Get in...........wow 👏👏👏👏👏