american golf...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
have just announced that they are taking over Barnehurst golf Club after mytime gave up the lease back in 2020

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I don't know the setup at Barnehurst but at High Legh, near Warrington, the pro shop and range is basically an American Golf and there's a separate clubhouse. I quite liked it!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From what I can remember the clubhouse isn't that big and there wasnt a pro shop. There certainly wasn't a range there either,just a few nets, with more holes than an EastEnders plot.

I worked about 15 minutes down the road so it was ideal for a bit of evening golf.
You needed a tin hat to play it mind.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
From what I can remember the clubhouse isn't that big and there wasnt a pro shop. There certainly wasn't a range there either,just a few nets, with more holes than an EastEnders plot.

I worked about 15 minutes down the road so it was ideal for a bit of evening golf.
You needed a tin hat to play it mind.

They put a range in about 5 years ago and the pro there was pretty good.

The clubhouse got done up a few years ago.

I hope they make a success of it as it was always a decent little 9 hole course

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Just had a look on Google earth, so they moved the first down the otherwise of the 9th.
Definitely will have to go back for a knock

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Based on its location and the demand in p&p, I reckon AG have hit golf there especially with the pace of play focus. Newbies in the area will flock to a 9 hole

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I’ve played there a few times when I was down in Kent if there ever was a course that you might get hit by a stray ball it was there.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Although I used to stay in Dartford I never played at Bexleyheath I’ve played Ruxley Park many years ago a but can’t remember anything about the club or course.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Although I used to stay in Dartford I never played at Bexleyheath I’ve played Ruxley Park many years ago a but can’t remember anything about the club or course.

BexleyHeath has 3 or 4 holes where the fairways cross each other.

Ruxley had a few holes where you’d tee off over the previous green but they bought more land. Forgetting the course and club is probably for the best

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One more — I’ve played Darenth Valley the most out of the courses in Kent and got fond memories of there as that’s where we played our family society