American Golf club fitting etc from a year or so ago, courtesy of GM.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Some of the 'older' hacks on here might remember a promo that American Golf ran through the GM forum here a year or so ago.

I was wondering how many that were fitted for clubs still have them in the bag? And if not. Why not?

Personally. I got fitted for a putter which still remains in the bag. Which leaves my gorgeous Bettinardi somewhat lost.

Anyway. Over to you.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
there was 3 putters 3 hybrids/fairways 3 drivers 3 iron sets and 3 apparel if I remember correctly,
I think OS has tweaked has driver shaft, will wait and watch this space....

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was one of the lucky "apparel" winners and I can confirm that they are all still in the wardrobe. I might even pull out the Nike Polo shirt for Sundays Comp. The GG jacket is always in use as its so very very niiiiccccceeeee....

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was lucky enough to go with bluewolf for the apparel fitting and everything is still worn! I'm wearing my shirt tomorrow too! The gg jacket is the most worn followed by the shirt and under armour top. The gillet only a few times most recently as the warmer weather arrived and was a bit chilly first thing.

Had a fashion faux pais in the summer, 16 of us on a golf day out and 3 of us all had the same shirt lol

Must add loved the jacket so much I shelled out for the trousers. Never been wet since!

Last edited:

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The pro shop! As much as I appreciate ag generosity I always support him first, if he can't get anywhere near then the ag's of the world come into play!

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was fitted for titleist golf balls yesterday at the Belfry. Not sure how long I'll keep them though as the first sleeve ended up in the water on the 2nd, 3rd and 18th of the Brabazon yesterday :D

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i think OS has tweaked has driver shaft, will wait and watch this space....

Yup almost 16 months on and she's still fire on all cylinders, as above around October last year I juiced the body with a Motore f1 shaft, this wasn't because of any fault with the fitting but more myself. At the time of the fitting I was swinging with some restrictions due to back issues, and once these got sorted I found I couldn't really go after the ball as such as it would balloon with the stock rip 55 stiff. I'm guessing this must have been a common discovery as around three months after the release of the amp, a shafts menu was launched with loads of options, which wasn't available at the time of fitting compared with the 910 range.

My driving has always been pretty solid, and avoiding the last 2 rounds its had a great first year. I haven't looked or considered changing it, and apart from one drive with a rbz 10.5 reg to prove a point to someone the only other club I've hit was a 910 with a shaft that I wanted to try, it's defo safe for 2013" and maybe even 2014