Airflow golf balls

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thinking of buying some air flow golf balls to hit around the garden.

My question is how much can you learn/practice from using them.....?

Do they mimic the movement or a real golf ball, or do they just come of the club face in a random fashion.....?

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a dozen I use in the garden. I have found them helpful for chipping and pitching. Meaning i can practice in the garden without having to head to the practice area each night. The main problem I was having was quitting on the shots and not following through properly. The balls seemed to come off the clubface in a realisitic manner as I was trying to chip to a mat at the end of my grass and when the swing was consistent the landing spot was also consistent.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
for chipping they are too easy, everything gets up, however for longer shots they act very well, I can draw a driver, 6 iron etc and fade a 3 iron etc, sometimes they go too well and end up in the neighbours but certainly better than swinging at fresh air

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
thanks for the replies

thats interesting you are able to put fade and draw on the air flows darth, i suffer from an out to in swing, practicing draws in the garden might work for me

haven't got much room though so the chipping might be a good option, would be nice to build a conisitent stroke chipping into flower pots

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
I've got some and use them in the garden. What I would say is that they are obviously very light and - in a breeze - very easy to knock over into the neighbour's garden irrespective of how well you hit them!