Aimpoint at Bearsted golf club

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all, it's my birthday soon and I'm thinking of treating myself to a 1-2-1 aimpoint session at Bearsted golf club with the JPS golf academy.

Has anyone else been there or have any info/opinions?

Cheers all, Adam

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Teach yourself express.

Download a clinometer app. Place it on a slope.
1 degree is one finger and two degree is 2 fingers and so on. Get a feel for it. You won’t need the app again once you get a feel for the degrees.
Putting;
Either spread your legs over the middle of your intended line or stand on the low side to get your slope reading.
Stand a couple of feet back and hold your finger to the edge of the hole. The other end of your finger/fingers width is your “aimpoint”.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Does anyone who does this think it improves their putting.

Not seen anyone at my club do it. Not sure that anyone can accurately perceive slope to an accuracy of one degree through their Footjoys.?

D

Deleted member 18121

Not seen anyone at my club do it. Not sure that anyone can accurately perceive slope to an accuracy of one degree through their Footjoys.?

Seems to work for Dustin Johnson and his brother ... To be honest it's more about adding another dimension to my play and improving my skillset

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I've not done it, and one of our scratch players & former club champ did it. When I asked him it he'd recommend it his response was "You don't need it, you can read greens."

Make of that what you will.

D

Deleted member 18121

I've not done it, and one of our scratch players & former club champ did it. When I asked him it he'd recommend it his response was "You don't need it, you can read greens."

That's what I heard from someone too... But in same breath, if you cant read greens then it can be helpful

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
That's what I heard from someone too... But in same breath, if you cant read greens then it can be helpful

My old coach taught it me as on a playing lesson he and I discovered I can’t read greens with my eyes.
It was a pretty quick lesson on it but it transformed me.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Yes, he felt he couldn't read greens and said that it helped him, but he said if you can read greens he's not sure there's a benefit.

Only you know if can read greens or not.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all, it's my birthday soon and I'm thinking of treating myself to a 1-2-1 aimpoint session at Bearsted golf club with the JPS golf academy.

Has anyone else been there or have any info/opinions?

Cheers all, Adam

If you fancy it, do it!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

And he was right about you!

I did the course and learned a lot and I'm sure it helped to learn to read greens. I dont use it much at my place as I've been there 20 years + and pretty much know the greens but I do use it sometimes when away, especially on large greens

D

Deleted member 18121

Ooo! Another aimpoint thread.
This could be worth watching. Popcorn time.?

To be honest I didn't start it to be an solely theory based discussion.... I was hoping for someone to know the club or teacher ? but I know how forums go ?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not used it, but if it works why not, I thought it had been forgotten.
On an another note, I do like a trip to Bearsted I like the course and because I get free rail travel and the club house is literally at the station!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I couldn't read greens, but aimpoint helped me. I don't really bother with using the fingers to work out a line, as very few of us wk be playing consistent green speeds like the pros do. But using the weight on my feet is a great way to indicate the line.

I wouldn't bother paying for a lesson on it, unless it is something you really want to do.