AG custom fitting

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry to post yet another thread about custom fitting.

Am I right in thinking that most peoples concerns with AG fitting have been in relation to irons and being led towards the more profitable lines?

I have a particular adjustable driver in mind and want to ensure that I have the most suitable shaft for my (rather poor and erratic) swing.

What are peoples experiences of driver fitting at AG please.

Also should I take my existing clubs with me for comparison?

Thanks experts. :D

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've bought the odd driver from AG. As I tend to only go for specials and not the latest, it's sometimes tricky to get them to play ball.

Just be firm, take your existing club (defo) and explain where you are going. Mostly, it depends on the branch and the staff. My chap always goes along with what I'm saying. Never had one problem.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi pants

I had a driver fitting at ag and it's a bit of a mixed review. The fitter was very good and in no way tried to influence my purchase , I hit my club back to back so it didn't matter what stats come out as you could see the improvement on screen so all good there.

The only downside is their limited options on upgrade shafts. I was lucky as the shaft in the amp was spit on for what I needed so I didn't need to look at upgrades.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you know what driver you want already then I don't see how they can try to guide you to another one.
Just tell them you know what driver you want and would like to try out the different shaft options.

I'd always take my own club for comparison as well for 2 reasons.
If they've ramped up the monitor to 'ego flatterer' mode then you can compare like for like with your own, plus I'd want to make sure I was hitting the new one better than my current one before I changed.

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
my friend got custom fitted at AG and although they go through everything I dont trust their launch monitors and I don't trust the staff. I'd go elsewhere if you can. No harm trying out the clubs there but i'd definitely get a 2nd opinion elsewhere.

Last thing you want is to be custom fitted for clubs and then worry you got the wrong fitting.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.

My main concern is whether the fitters are good enough at interpreting the data to come up with the best shaft, shaft length, grip size etc.

OS. Which AG did you use? Long Lane or Sidcup?