Affiliation Fees - Member at Multiple Clubs

Swango1980

Visit site
If I am a member of multiple clubs, do I need to pay the affiliation fees multiple times?

My current membership at one club (my only club up to now) expires at end of this month. I will likely rejoin, and the affiliation fees are just included within the overall membership fee. I am also about to join a second club, and the invoice includes an additional £9.50 England Golf fee, £6.50 County fee and £2 Golfguard insurance. Just wondering if I can save £16/£18 if only one club needs to cover those cost?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If I am a member of multiple clubs, do I need to pay the affiliation fees multiple times?

My current membership at one club (my only club up to now) expires at end of this month. I will likely rejoin, and the affiliation fees are just included within the overall membership fee. I am also about to join a second club, and the invoice includes an additional £9.50 England Golf fee, £6.50 County fee and £2 Golfguard insurance. Just wondering if I can save £16/£18 if only one club needs to cover those cost?
Well in Scotland you do, I pay 2 lots at the moment and payed 4 lots at one point.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have researched this in the past and remember you should only be paying one affiliation fee and that would be to the club designated as your home club.

With all the changes to the EG website I cannot find this info now.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes you do. Not only does the annual cover your personal membership of EG & County it also covers the costs that EG and the County incur for the support services they provide to clubs themselves. The theory I suppose being the larger the club the potential greater costs.

But please don't let this get into an argument about whether it is worth it.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Well in Scotland you do, I pay 2 lots at the moment and payed 4 lots at one point.
Totally correct. If the post below yours is correct, then England golf are doing what SG should be doing IMO.

Of course it falls down when a golfer doesn't have a CDH number and therefore can't designate a "home club".

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have researched this in the past and remember you should only be paying one affiliation fee and that would be to the club designated as your home club.

With all the changes to the EG website I cannot find this info now.
I think it was a published intention when it was proposed that fees should be based on home players registered on the CDH; which never happened.

D

Deleted member 17920

You pay the EG fee to your home club.

you only pay that once.

County fees. If your away course is in the same county you only pay that once to your home club.

We have country members and they pay the affiliation fees to there home clubs and just pay the LUGC fee to us as most of our country members home clubs are outside Lincolnshire.

Hope this helps

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You pay the EG fee to your home club.

you only pay that once.

County fees. If your away course is in the same county you only pay that once to your home club.

We have country members and they pay the affiliation fees to there home clubs and just pay the LUGC fee to us as most of our country members home clubs are outside Lincolnshire.

Hope this helps
Do you know when this changed as it was being debated when I retired from our county exec?

Edit: Literally just got a note from county confirming your post. Thanks.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Totally correct. If the post below yours is correct, then England golf are doing what SG should be doing IMO.

Of course it falls down when a golfer doesn't have a CDH number and therefore can't designate a "home club".

Bear in mind that I am talking about England. England Golf WHS certainly seems to want every club member to have a CDH ID, irrespective of whether they intend to have a handicap or not. Our ISV software prompts for every new member to have one whenever we are logged in to WHS.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Bear in mind that I am talking about England. England Golf WHS certainly seems to want every club member to have a CDH ID, irrespective of whether they intend to have a handicap or not. Our ISV software prompts for every new member to have one whenever we are logged in to WHS.
Scottish Golf suggest the same. As historically about 2/3rds of our members never swing a club in competitive anger, we're not going to do that. When someone starts playing for a handicap is when we'll issue.

Now again, if they decide to go down the route of only charging one affiliation fee per player like England, then I'm sure all clubs will buy into that (about a 1/3 of our active members have their home club as someone other than us), but SG won't do that because it will cost them a fortune.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
EG and counties require that subs are requited from all members who have access to and may play on a Measured Course. (basically Playing Members as opposed to Social Members).
I don't know which ISV you use but V1 has/d separate files for playing and non-playing members (which are linked though). My recollection is that if the member didn't play you only put him in the members file. I used to remove 'players' from the handicap file when they ceased playing and moved to social membership.

"Our ISV software prompts for every new member to have one whenever we are logged in to WHS."
That puzzles me because WHS is not a membership system, it is only concerned with handicapping. Do you enter all new social members via your ISV software or the WHS platform? How are you prompted if the former?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
EG and counties require that subs are requited from all members who have access to and may play on a Measured Course. (basically Playing Members as opposed to Social Members).
I don't know which ISV you use but V1 has/d separate files for playing and non-playing members (which are linked though). My recollection is that if the member didn't play you only put him in the members file. I used to remove 'players' from the handicap file when they ceased playing and moved to social membership.

"Our ISV software prompts for every new member to have one whenever we are logged in to WHS."
That puzzles me because WHS is not a membership system, it is only concerned with handicapping. Do you enter all new social members via your ISV software or the WHS platform? How are you prompted if the former?

Any time I connect to WHS via the Handicapmaster software I am presented with a list of members who do not have a CDH ID. If I click on some or all, CDH IDs are allocated.

We only have playing members (not necessarily playing in comps), not social members

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had eureka moment
It is in the Dorset County Rules and regs

11. SUBSCRIPTIONS
(a) Subscriptions shall consist of:
(i) the annual subscription fixed by England Golf.
(ii) such subscription to the Union as the Council shall fix at each Annual Meeting.
(b) Annual Subscriptions are due in full from all Home Playing Members at a Member Club for any part of a Club
Subscription Year for which they are a member. Clubs should ensure their away members i.e. members whose
handicaps are held at another club, are not charged an affiliation fee.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Now found where I read it

see post #13

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any time I connect to WHS via the Handicapmaster software I am presented with a list of members who do not have a CDH ID. If I click on some or all, CDH IDs are allocated.

We only have playing members (not necessarily playing in comps), not social members
Ah I see. Although I know the people there I am not familiar with the HM software but it seems to be oriented towards playing members