Advent calendars

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, i started this discussion on twitter... Do you open your advent 1 through 24, or do you 'controversially open it backward, counting down the days??

Greg mentioned he had a nespresso coffee pod one with a mug behind #24... Well, what are you supposed to drink the 23 coffees from?! Start with #24 and wash the mug out on day one, then countdown the days to Xmas!!

There is some serious logic to opening them 24-1...

Thoughts

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, i started this discussion on twitter... Do you open your advent 1 through 24, or do you 'controversially open it backward, counting down the days??

Greg mentioned he had a nespresso coffee pod one with a mug behind #24... Well, what are you supposed to drink the 23 coffees from?! Start with #24 and wash the mug out on day one, then countdown the days to Xmas!!

There is some serious logic to opening them 24-1...

Thoughts

if you did not own a mug or a cup before buying a Nespresso machine then you have bigger issues than advent calendars.

That said, in this instance is makes a scary amount of sense. Open the mug on day one then have a coffee in it every day. Going the traditional route means on 24th you have no coffee and just a mug with nothing to put in it on Xmas eve

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
it does not work if your advent calender has 25 doors as some do. That would mean that you were opening one on Xmas day telling you it was one day until Xmas.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you open it in the proper order then you build the excitement as you get closer to the big day.

Probably not the best calendar to give kids tho. 24 shots of espresso on Christmas Eve might give Santa very little time to do his thing :ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you open it in the proper order then you build the excitement as you get closer to the big day.

Probably not the best calendar to give kids tho. 24 shots of espresso on Christmas Eve might give Santa very little time to do his thing :ROFLMAO:

Luckily the absence of kids in my house means that we have had booze, coffee, cheese and even a pork scratchings advent calender. Not a fan of sweet stuff, far rather savoury or alcohol related.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you're doing it backwards you're doing it wrong. The number corresponds to the date, i.e. 1st of December, window 1. Often the number 24 (or 25 if they give you one extra) is the biggest chocolate by far so logic suggests that's the last one.

We've left it a bit late and struggling to even find advent calendars this year. Wife has had to order some 12 quid Lindt behemoths on Deliveroo!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We appear to love Advent calendars though many grown-ups seem to dismiss the very idea of Advent ? Funny old world but so be it.

Anyway, and just FYI, of course you open in order, that’s the whole point. Though as a Calendar for Advent it’s not really correct. This year the 1st Sunday of Advent was last Sunday 28th. The 4th candle will be lit on 19th December, with the Christmas Eve candle to mark end of Advent being lit on Christmas Eve. Advent is my favourite time of the year. Very special.

Advent ? and best wishes to all…cannae do hugs.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As the calendar says 1-24. That’s how the grandkids see it. Did make me say smile when six yr old grand daughter said “ Bradleys got a big one”. I turned round and she was pointing to the number 24 on his Maltesers calendar. ?