Adjustable driver question.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi guys, just a quick questions about adjustable drivers. I have the nike vr pro str8-fit that has 32 settings. I currently have it set too Face angle -1, lie andle +1, and Loft angle +1. Now my shot shape is normally about a 5 yard fade.

But when playing yesterday the fade was more pronounced and i hit a few slices which is my usual bad shot or miss if you will.

So what i was wondering is what effect on the shot shape does the face and lie angle have. And do i have it set to the correct settings or should i change it to try straighten up my shot shape.

Cheers

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
a bad workman blames his tools. if it worked for you in the settings you have then the club hasn't changed to bring in a slice, you have. technique i am afraid.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi guys, just a quick questions about adjustable drivers. I have the nike vr pro str8-fit that has 32 settings. I currently have it set too Face angle -1, lie andle +1, and Loft angle +1. Now my shot shape is normally about a 5 yard fade.

But when playing yesterday the fade was more pronounced and i hit a few slices which is my usual bad shot or miss if you will.

So what i was wondering is what effect on the shot shape does the face and lie angle have. And do i have it set to the correct settings or should i change it to try straighten up my shot shape.

Cheers

I would say it depends how consistant your shot shape is.

If, everytime you tee the driver up you hit a 5 yard fade, on command, then I would say yes, altering the settings may help.

If not, I' look at the swing and look at making that more consistant.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
a bad workman blames his tools. if it worked for you in the settings you have then the club hasn't changed to bring in a slice, you have. technique i am afraid.

I wasnt fully blaming the club and i admit i probs got a bit quick when i hit the slice, but was just wondering if anyone ahd info as to whether it would benefit me to change the setting. I under stand about loft angles but no nothing of lie and face angle and how much they really affect the shot.