Adidas shoes

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Just read PNWokingham's thread (http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?92659-Golf-Depot) about Golf Depot and trying to get a refund because his Adidas shoes are too tight.

I got some Adidas Adicross in the post from American Golf on Saturday. I ordered 11 even though I'm usually 10.5 - I can only just get them on! I probably need 11.5 or maybe even 12 - I have never had a pair of shoes (of any sort) bigger than 11 so I think Adidas might have some problem with their labelling.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought a pair of Adidas BOA Powerbands and they fell apart after about 6 rounds- the back wore out on one of them and the insole came loose on the other. Shame as they are really comfy. I am normally a size up in all of adidas shoes- Normally an 11 but a 12 in their golf shoes and trainers.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I don't buy Adidas shoes for this precise reason. Even if I take a size bigger, they are still to narrow for me. I know loads of people swear by them but I'm afraid I've yet to find a pair that I find are right for me.

Chaddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
I bought a pair of Adidas BOA Powerbands and they fell apart after about 6 rounds- the back wore out on one of them and the insole came loose on the other. Shame as they are really comfy. I am normally a size up in all of adidas shoes- Normally an 11 but a 12 in their golf shoes and trainers.

My last two pairs of Tour 360 Boosts have done the same as has a mate. I've given up on Adidas golf shoes because of it!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have had Adidas shoes for all of my short golfing career. That was my 3rd pair with the other two pairs lasting two seasons each with heavy use. The last pair I bought were appalling and will never buy their golf shoes again.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a shame, but I think the quality of adidas shoes has dropped dramatically. I had a pair of boost tour 360 that cost £129, after 6 rounds the padding/cushion on the heel wore right through, so I took them back and exchanged for Ecco.
I also bought a pair of BOA tour for £60, and the heel has also worn through on these, however there seems to be a fair bit of padding left, so I've kept them.
Never had any issues with adidas before and was always impressed with their quality, but am very wary now.
The best shoes by far are Ecco. Previous pairs I've had have simply worn out, and that's through a lot of use. They are straight out the box comfort.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best golf shoes in my feet's opinion 😋

Never had an issue with adidas golf shoes in 20 years and trainers in well over 40 years.

Like any shoes, try before you buy

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
never worn adidas golf shoes, their golf shoes are like their trainers, too small and not as comfy as nike/puma.

Disagree!!!!

My last two pairs prior to my boosts have been top of the range puma. Both really comfy out the box but wore quickly and both barely lasted a winter before going back as they water proof warranty failed.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am a size 6 and always have to go up a size in Adidas. I have three pairs of Gripmores as I find them very comfortable, two are 6.5 and one is a 7. I have wide feet too. I agree that in most cases their shoes are narrow, but as always try them on and see how they feel.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Disagree!!!!

My last two pairs prior to my boosts have been top of the range puma. Both really comfy out the box but wore quickly and both barely lasted a winter before going back as they water proof warranty failed.

I think im just more of a Nike guy mate, always have been, ever since football boots as a kid! It was expensive having thierry henry as a hero :thup:

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I also wont buy Adidas again. I find them very comfortable and usually go up half a size, but they clearly have longevity issues. The same part falls apart quickly and I see it has been mentioned twice already in this short thread. The inside cushioning on the heel has lasted less than 10 rounds on my last 2 pairs. This has never happened on other brands I have tried - Nike/Puma/Ecco/Footjoy.

Its not acceptable this happens in the same place (many past threads have talked about it - do the research before buying) so quickly. I won't be trying them again as a result.

By the way Golf Depot are a 'special' company - I would advise strongly to read about their customer services before buying from them.

garyo

Medal Winner
Visit site
I also wont buy Adidas again. I find them very comfortable and usually go up half a size, but they clearly have longevity issues. The same part falls apart quickly and I see it has been mentioned twice already in this short thread. The inside cushioning on the heel has lasted less than 10 rounds on my last 2 pairs. This has never happened on other brands I have tried - Nike/Puma/Ecco/Footjoy.

Its not acceptable this happens in the same place (many past threads have talked about it - do the research before buying) so quickly. I won't be trying them again as a result.

By the way Golf Depot are a 'special' company - I would advise strongly to read about their customer services before buying from them.

Have they not claimed to have sorted this recently though, maybe even just this year? (previous posts in this thread were over a year ago)

I have always gone up a size in all types of adidas footwear and have experienced the heel wear issues myself, but have always found them comfortable shoes so would be happy to take another punt. I actually need to get my FJ hyperflexes back asap as the 1 year runs out shortly and they've been letting in for quite while!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm done with Adidas shoes whether golf or any other, they just rip at the inside heal after a couple of months but I think they fit me better I'm actually looking for a pair of spikeless to replace my current adizero ones any suggestions

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the new Tour360 shoes they have a leather heel section, so definitely won't be ripping ever! Most comfortable shoes I own!

I have two pairs of Puma that have had ripped heels and a friend has a pair of Under Armour with ripped heels too!