Adams Golf - Fairways and Hybrids

• Thread starter Deleted member 1418
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

Am thinking of buying a new 3-wood and 2-hybrid and like the look of the new Adams XTD range (albeit a little bit costly!) Never used Adams products before but have heard they are very good - anyone on here use them and can recommend them?

Going to the range over the weekend to have a hit with them before making final decision but would be good to hear some thoughts.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an Adams Fastspeed 12 3-Wood.. It's an absolute beast of a club.. Very long and forgiving.. I'd certainly look at Adams again if I was in the market for new woods...:thup:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
never used, but every single person i know that has hit them (bar 1....) has loved them and as you say, have nothing but praise for them! TMAG bought them for a reason, their technology and R&D in fairways and hybrid clubs.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've used them in the past and been absolutely delighted with them.

Biggest recent regret is selling an Adams Driver!

Would be using a pair of Adams Hybrids, different styles, if I hadn't gone to the '1 Hybrid' setup.

Used one of their Fairways a long time ago (2003/4) and was happy enough with it. That particular one was too shallow faced for me but they made deeper faced ones that would have worked (better).

Nothing wrong with their irons either, though I've only had a couple of hits with any (CB3s).

There should be an Adams Hybrid for whatever purpose you want!

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Adams gear is excellent IMO.

I recently got rid of my Fast 12 LS driver, only because the launch was too low in that 9.5* head... but my ballspeed with that driver (2012 product) was around 152mph, which is even faster than the newer technology in the SLDR. I also believe the ballspeed was higher across a larger proportion of the face than the SLDR.

I've owned last year's LS hybrids which were super long with a really solid feel. As mentioned above though, whatever you want from your hybrid, Adams will have something in its current or a past line.

I currently game the Adams CB3s as you can see from my sig and they're going nowhere. Equally, if and when I do change, I only see me replacing these irons with another set of Adams. From A12 Pro to CMB to the new XTD Forged, Adams irons get lots of praise and they are very good looking and confidence inspiring clubs.

Unfortunately, I've not hit the 2014 XTD offering. From the online reviews, those that have hit them have glowing feedback... but Adams, even in the US, suffers from being less mainstream than the other big brands. Again, ballspeed will be as high as you can get given the COR testing of individual clubheads (do they do that on the fairways as well as the drivers?), plus the ballspeeds are high across a larger proportion of the face; initial feedback suggests they are long and forgving.

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a full set of Adams clubs (A3OS) - oversize SW, GW, PW, 9,8,7, with hybrid 6,5 and 4 and 5 wood, 3 wood and driver. The only club in the bag I changed was the putter. I think they are excellent, very easy to hit and above all (for me) very forgiving.

I really struggled hitting hybrids until I got these.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got an adams hybrid. Great club, nice off the face, easy to swing and very forgiving. Also goes a long way. Worth a look if your in the market the one i got was a good price, tried against others like TM, callaway etc. and it came out on top.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Ive got a 16* and 20* in the model before the slotted version. When I hit them well they certainly fly and I think they are quality clubs

D

Deleted member 1418

Thanks for the responses everyone. Looks like a nice session at the range for me then over the weekend giving them a go!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Is it just me that hates the "slotted" look...?

Not doubting the performance but I really struggle to look down on them.

golfsaint

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I brought a V3 Idea adams 16deg (2 iron) hybrid a couple of weeks ago from AG £59..99 , got to say lovely club and the distance can out do my driver sometimes -so highly recommend :D

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is it just me that hates the "slotted" look...?

Not doubting the performance but I really struggle to look down on them.

I'm the same as you, lucky the a12 pro I game is the pre slotted version!

A great bat that replaced two cobra hybrids with very high spec shafts, wouldn't be without it!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Strangely enough, the slotted head in my 3 Wood has never bothered me in the slightest.. It might help that it's as long as most Drivers and much more forgiving.. I wouldn't be without it.. All I need to do now is find a 4 Wood with the same shaft and my bag is set.. The gap between the 3 Wood and the Hybrid is just tooooooooo big...;)

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried a couple of A12 pro earlier this year looking to bridge a gap in my bag, took a 20, 23 and my 4i to the range and hit all 3 into the same grouping with marked balls. Grass was fairly long(generous first cut) so nearly all of the distance was carry. Felt nice enough but the only difference was they flew higher than the iron which is a no no with my silly high ball flight anyway, currently waiting on delivery of a 3i. Proper Aldila shaft is a nice touch, none of the made for stuff from the bigger companies.