Abusive Behaviour in the clubhouse?

Linda

Hacker
Visit site
I was shouted at in our clubhouse at the weekend. Astonished by the conduct of this fellow member, I will be addressing the issue with our General Manager. Is this experience common at golf clubs? It's like 'Golf Rage'! I have heard that some clubs suspend members for a month?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't blame you taking it up with management, it's supposed to be relaxation and enjoyment on and off the course there is no room for abuse in the clubhouse unfortunately another example of generally falling standards of behaviour in general.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Unacceptable as it is anywhere?

Can you say what happened which might shed some light on it and promote a more detailed answer as no doubt there will be similar experiences to share.

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Whatever had happened there is no call for abuse...in the clubhouse or outside. If someone has an issue they wish to raise they should do it reasonably and politely...but then I'm an old buffer these days and moan about declining standards just as my father did in the 60's watching the Rolling Stones on TOTP (I think he was really waiting for Pan's People to come on!)

Linda

Hacker
Visit site
At my club recently, there was a comp and the format was individual stableford with double points available on some holes. We were advised to record our bonus points (20*) in a separate column which I did along with recording my 34* stableford points in the box on the card based on my full handicap. No one told us to add up all the points*. I won the competition but was not awarded a prize for this because they said my card was not clear. In other words I didn't add up the 34 and 20. I was shouted at when I calmly questioned the scores after the presentation.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'd write a letter to the secretary... better still I'd email him/her so you've got a copy... then you can forward their reply to the R&A if neccessary :thup:

T

thecraw

At my club recently, there was a comp and the format was individual stableford with double points available on some holes. We were advised to record our bonus points (20*) in a separate column which I did along with recording my 34* stableford points in the box on the card based on my full handicap. No one told us to add up all the points*. I won the competition but was not awarded a prize for this because they said my card was not clear. In other words I didn't add up the 34 and 20. I was shouted at when I calmly questioned the scores after the presentation.

It seems as though your rather bitter about this, hence the second thread in as many days, this time now going down a different route. If you have failed to add your card correctly the committee/board are correct in what they say. My experience is attitude breeds attitude and your approach my have misinterpreted.

I'd be sure of your facts and ensure that you have spoken with any potential witnesses and know whether they will speak up. I know golf club committees and they will stick together.

Linda

Hacker
Visit site
Yes, I am disappointed and who wouldn't be? As ColinL quite rightly points out, 33-5. The Rules of Golf are there for a reason. Imagine the scenario ... you legally win a competition and someone else picks up your prize and more importantly the recognition.

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and advice. This is now soooooooooo last week. Am already thinking of the next competition :fore:

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
"Its Linda" why didnt you tell the guy to go himself......... that i find normally works, failing that you could do the classic Joan Jett trick and wee over his clubs ( she did it over some prats guitar, but you get my drift )

Last edited by a moderator:

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm with Colin on this...as long as you enter your scores correctly it is for the committee to doi the arithmetic if required, or check the players' arithmetic. But whatever, no cause for abuse when queried.