Abandon comp and whs

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is there a minimum number of people for a comp to take place?

If a comp is cancelled due to lack of numbers what happens with the scorecards?

Thanks in advance

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are positing that some players will have started and/or finished their rounds before the cancellation?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are positing that some players will have started and/or finished their rounds before the cancellation?

Nothing posted just asking question ATM

When we tee off at 10 there were 3 names on sheet everyone wussed out

When we finished at half 1 still only 3 names down

wjemather

Visit site
Is there a minimum number of people for a comp to take place?

If a comp is cancelled due to lack of numbers what happens with the scorecards?

Thanks in advance
It would be a decision for your competitions committee. Our terms of competition state that "competitions with fewer than five entrants may be cancelled".

Either way, scores still count for handicapping.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It would be a decision for your competitions committee. Our terms of competition state that "competitions with fewer than five entrants may be cancelled".
Does that mean before anyone has teed off or after players have started and then realised there were less than 5 going to play?

wjemather

Visit site
Does that mean before anyone has teed off or after players have started and then realised there were less than 5 going to play?
They could be cancelled under this provision at any time (with entry fees refunded), but it's unlikely to ever be invoked once entrants have teed off - but the option is there.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
They could be cancelled under this provision at any time (with entry fees refunded), but it's unlikely to ever be invoked once entrants have teed off - but the option is there.
What happens to the scores of the players who have started or even finished and entered their scores?

wjemather

Visit site
What happens to the scores of the players who have started or even finished and entered their scores?
They would still be subject to the rules of handicapping, with rounds needing to be completed and scores submitted unless the course was closed.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So if a competition gets suspended due to bad weather and eventually abandoned what is the situation regarding complete and incomplete round?

I can understand all completed rounds counting for handicap but is this also true for all cards where 9 holes have been completed?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So if a competition gets suspended due to bad weather and eventually abandoned what is the situation regarding complete and incomplete round?

I can understand all completed rounds counting for handicap but is this also true for all cards where 9 holes have been completed?
I find 2.2 somewhat ambiguous. Certainly if the comp was over 18 holes and 10 holes were completed the card must be returned (2.2a). I am not clear about 2.2b when only 9 holes have been completed when 18 were intended. Should it be returned as if for a 9 hole comp or not returned at all?

2.2 Minimum Number of Holes Played for Score to be Acceptable
2.2a For an 18-hole Score
For an 18-hole score to be acceptable for handicap purposes, a minimum of 10
holes must be played.
2.2b For a 9-hole Score
For a 9-hole score to be acceptable for handicap purposes, all 9 holes must be
played. If a player has not played at least 9 holes, the score is not acceptable for
handicap purposes.

A hole is considered to have been played if it has been started.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find 2.2 somewhat ambiguous. Certainly if the comp was over 18 holes and 10 holes were completed the card must be returned (2.2a). I am not clear about 2.2b when only 9 holes have been completed when 18 were intended. Should it be returned as if for a 9 hole comp or not returned at all?

holes must be played.
2.2b For a 9-hole Score
played. If a player has not played at least 9 holes, the score is not acceptable for
handicap purposes.

This is something I was wondering aswell

10 holes , is that 10 scoring holes or just 10 holes

For example Ive played 1-10 .. walked off due to Emergancy .. card handed in.. but I picked up on 2 holes meaning I scored on 8 holes

Does that count?

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

For example Ive played 1-10 .. walked off due to Emergancy .. card handed in.. but I picked up on 2 holes meaning I scored on 8 holes

Does that count?
If it's stableford I would think so. If medal and you indicated you had started every hole I suspect NDB would be allocated and the holes were valid.

wjemather

Visit site

Does that count?
It's 10 holes started but not necessarily (*edit) holed out, which includes any "picked-up" (recorded as net double-bogey for handicapping).

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Results are in. Looks like I won with 31 points 3 players

However he emailed out the 30 points person won lol dunno why

The webpage says I won with 31 points

Not surprised with our handicap sec ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

Does that count?

See #12

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

holes must be played.
2.2b For a 9-hole Score
handicap purposes.

So if you played 9 - hit a ball off the 10th tee and walked in you would have a counting card but not if you walked in after putting out on the 9th!