A question for Titleist Pro V1 users..

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've recently been trying different premium balls from various brands. Moved onto Titleist last week with their Pro V1x offering.

While I loved the performace of the ball, I didn't like the feel (a little to firm). So , last night in the pouring rain I decided to try a Pro V1.

My main concern in trying the ball is that it is not as low spinning off the tee as the the V1x version.

The result. Absoluetly loved the Pro V1.

I loved the flight it gave, the feel and control around the greens and to putt with it felt great. It also seemed a little longer off the tee.

My question for you experienced folk.

Is there a noticable difference between the current and previous models?

Only reason I ask is a member of our scratch cup gave me the balls to try and I'm not sure which year they are?

If it helps, the ball's A.I.M is like this

imagesCAUZLF13.jpg

I was also given a Pro V1 392 which felt pretty much the same but is quite a bit older, hence my question to you good people.

Any opinions appreciated :thup:

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I honestly doubt you will be able to tell a difference. Although I thought the older ones were maybe a bit more durable.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've recently been trying different premium balls from various brands. Moved onto Titleist last week with their Pro V1x offering.

While I loved the performace of the ball, I didn't like the feel (a little to firm). So , last night in the pouring rain I decided to try a Pro V1.

My main concern in trying the ball is that it is not as low spinning off the tee as the the V1x version.

The result. Absoluetly loved the Pro V1.

I loved the flight it gave, the feel and control around the greens and to putt with it felt great. It also seemed a little longer off the tee.

My question for you experienced folk.

Is there a noticable difference between the current and previous models?

Only reason I ask is a member of our scratch cup gave me the balls to try and I'm not sure which year they are?

If it helps, the ball's A.I.M is like this

imagesCAUZLF13.jpg

I was also given a Pro V1 392 which felt pretty much the same but is quite a bit older, hence my question to you good people.

Any opinions appreciated :thup:

I think, not 100% sure but the X is a four piece and reg a 3 piece.

They used to advertise the PROV1X as for fast clubhead speed player, ie over 115 with the driver to get the best out of it.

They don't anymore though i doubt they have changed the ball.

I tend to us the x in windy conditions as it spins less, but i lose at least 10-20 yards per club distance wise between driver and irons.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find the 'x' a bit firmer to, I have used both the newer version and previous ones there is no noticeable difference between the last 2 versions although I did find the original 392 a little softer than current ones.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you can tell the difference by feel alone then can you also tell how many blades of grass can you feel against the clubface as you take a divot ;)

Might be worth giving the x a more prolonged trial if it performs well for you. The firmer fell may become fine for you after a while

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
The x definitely feels firmer,and I don't really care which premium ball I use. The x is actually the only one I probably wouldn't use,it's just far too clicky for me

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the same boat, I'm trying out some premiums and found the x very hard and clicky. Didn't like it the first time but it grew on me the second round.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you can tell the difference by feel alone then can you also tell how many blades of grass can you feel against the clubface as you take a divot ;)

Might be worth giving the x a more prolonged trial if it performs well for you. The firmer fell may become fine for you after a while

In the same boat, I'm trying out some premiums and found the x very hard and clicky. Didn't like it the first time but it grew on me the second round.

Probably very true, but I definately didn't like the feel of the ball to putt with.

Thanks for the link BT. Kind of answers my question :thup:

I played the old 392 for a few holes, then switched to another, then another. No I didn't lose them, they all had different A.I.M marks and wanted to see if I could spot a difference, either in feel or flight.

Suffice to say I didn't notice anything so I'm off to look for some bargain Pro V1's.... If such a thing exists :mad: