A new milestone

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just got back from a round, and delighted to have lowered my best score from 89 down to 84! Managed to minimise errors, having nothing worse than a double bogey, infact only 2 doubles. I 3 putted twice, but never 1 putted due to a few which just slid by the hole.

Ive been having relatively regular lessons, had one yesterday where we made a relatively big change to my backswing to get the club set into a much better position, started hitting some great shots in the lesson, had a range session yesterday evening and was pretty rubbish to be honest as I tried to bed in the changes.

Went out today and although I hit some great shots, I found I didn't hit any really bad ones. The main difference I found was finding the greens, giving myself 3 or 4 good solid birdie chances, which unfortunately I didn't make. I hit 9 greens out of 18, compared to a average of 3.5 over the last 12 months (according to my phone app).

Highlight of the round was the 3rd hole, which was a par 3. 3 ball in front looking for a ball in the trees next to the green wave me through, so up I step, 170 yards, 6 iron in hand. Nice swing, great flight going straight at the flag, pitches on the green and takes one hop and stops. Looks close. Walk up to the green, the 3 guys say great shot, get onto the green and see it ended up 5 feet from the hole. Miss the putt and tap in for birdie.

Onward and upwards

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got back from a round, and delighted to have lowered my best score from 89 down to 84! Managed to minimise errors, having nothing worse than a double bogey, infact only 2 doubles. I 3 putted twice, but never 1 putted due to a few which just slid by the hole.

Ive been having relatively regular lessons, had one yesterday where we made a relatively big change to my backswing to get the club set into a much better position, started hitting some great shots in the lesson, had a range session yesterday evening and was pretty rubbish to be honest as I tried to bed in the changes.

Went out today and although I hit some great shots, I found I didn't hit any really bad ones. The main difference I found was finding the greens, giving myself 3 or 4 good solid birdie chances, which unfortunately I didn't make. I hit 9 greens out of 18, compared to a average of 3.5 over the last 12 months (according to my phone app).

Highlight of the round was the 3rd hole, which was a par 3. 3 ball in front looking for a ball in the trees next to the green wave me through, so up I step, 170 yards, 6 iron in hand. Nice swing, great flight going straight at the flag, pitches on the green and takes one hop and stops. Looks close. Walk up to the green, the 3 guys say great shot, get onto the green and see it ended up 5 feet from the hole. Miss the putt and tap in for birdie.

Onward and upwards

Well played, but surely you tapped in for a Par ?