9. What does your partner think of the Masters?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Will you be allowed to watch the Masters on your big screen in the lounge/sitting room, or will you be banished to the kitchen/bedroom/mancave/drawing room to watch you know who?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Watch it on the tellybox. If anything it'll be the time difference that stops me tuning in so might have to revert to repeats/re-runs or app for highlights etc

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mine doesn't mind. It's a good chance for her to catch up on George Clarke's Amazing Building Sites or Kirsty and Phil's Love it or Lump it, albeit on the smaller TV.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
She enjoys watching it with me. So whatever TV we fancy...depends if just us.

I met my Mrs to be in Feb 1988 and she found herself sitting in my flat with me watching Sandy's progress to victory. She'd never before watched any golf and got very caught up with the excitement of it and I recall us jumping up and down celebrating when he played the bunker shot and holed the putt. So gets what it's about and rather enjoys watching it with me every year. It's the only golf she watches though only weekend rounds. Last few years we've watched the weekend sessions with my daughter and her bloke, and so expect to do the same this year.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
While my wife has started playing golf over the last year, she's still not at the stage where she's willing to watch it on TV - finds it boring. I'll sit with her in the lounge though and watch it all on my iPad with headphones.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I'll be banished to the front room and possibly have a 10 month old left with me as well.

I'm at the Grand National on Saturday though so I won't be in any fit state to watch any of Saturdays golf.

National, Masters, City Liverpool. What a weekend!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Mine loves the Masters and we watch all four days on the 49" HD TV in the living room together. She struggles a bit when Tiger isn't playing though. So this year at least I'll get to watch Thursday and Friday in full! ?

Springveldt

Visit site
Not a chance the missus will watch it, she doesn't watch any sport. Luckily we have 2 "sitting" rooms with 55" TV's in them so I'll just sneak away into whichever one she isn't in and watch it there.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
She likes the flowers.

Used to be my favourite Sunday evening of the year. As the years have rolled on I find I'm watching less and less live golf coverage. So much putting and then simply the presenters talking to avoid silence.
I prefer the highlights program the following day, these days.
I have well and truly become an old git, in this respect.
I'm just as interested in the outcome as I used to be, but not so enamoured with the live TV coverage.