9 hole courses around Birmingham

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My 11yr old son and I are looking to kill some time next Saturday whilst the Mrs & daughter are at Crufts at the NEC. Can anyone recommend a decent 9 holer in the vicinity please?

Was thinking about the short course at The Warwickshire, anybody played it?

Thanks

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played The Kings course at The Warwickshire on the 17th Feb and it was borderline waterlogged. Can't believe they had it open either to be honest! However the greens were very dry so it made for some interesting golf with having to club up to get the ball off the very, very wet fairways... Never played the 9 hole course there but a really good set up and some good prices, just a shame the rain has been so heavy around this neck of the woods for the last few weeks!

If you are after 9 hole courses...

One which I would highly recommend having played all my junior golf from about the age of 10 (now 25) would be Harborne Church Farm. It's a municipal, not too expensive and is a very tight course with lots of little bunkers and tree lined fairways. There will be some great, achieveble (in distance) holes for your lad to have a go at! They did a great job there over the winter cleaning the leaves up and draining the course.

I am also sure there is a 9 hole setup at Stonebridge Golf Club which is quite literally the other side of the A45 from the NEC. Not played there but I know a chap who is a member there.

If you need any other courses, give me a shout, I'll happily assist!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Nice and close to the NEC is North Warwickshire golf course, it is essentially a 9holer but with 18 different tee positions, it's on sand with a heathland feel so plays well all year and is cheap as chips and very friendly.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Another option may be Kings Norton which isn't too far away either. 27 holes plus a par 3 course.

steadyeddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
North Warwicks is less than 10 minutes from The NEC & is a very good course & even though a members course you should be able to get on. If you fancy a decent Par 3 course then Nailcote Hotel is well worth a go, it is also within 10 minutes, it is where they hold the british Par 3 championships.

Freewaytom

Visit site
Within 10 minutes of the NEC you have:

West Midlands golf club (don't think you can pay for just 9 holes, if this is an issue)
North Warwickshire golf club (as others have said, 9 holes with 2 tee positions for each hole)
Stonebridge golf club (3 different 9 hole loops)

West midlands gets VERY wet during the winter, played last year and they gave us a piece of carpet to play off...

Never played at North Warwickshire.

Stonebridge would be my pick, very friendly, lots of recent investment into the course and all 3 loops have some great holes.

The par 3 castle course at the Warwickshire is a great practice course, but can get busy at the weekends.